Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battery holder led and resistor, weird!??

Default Battery holder led and resistor, weird!??

Hello,

I recently received my empty hilts from US, i wanted to intall the electronics by myself so i asked for dissamble hilts.

My battery holder is like this with the resistor apparently solder to the negative, is that normal!?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wolf69 View Post
    Hello,

I recently received my empty hilts from US, i wanted to intall the electronics by myself so i asked for dissamble hilts.

My battery holder is like this with the resistor apparently solder to the negative, is that normal!?
    For them, sadly yes. It technically doesn't matter which side the resistor is on (unless otherwise specified), though the "normal" practice is for it to be on the (+) side.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

You can attach a standard resistor to either the negative or positive lead. Either is fine.

The only one that matters is the DynaOhm resistor for accent LEDs. That one needs to go on the positive lead.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thank you both for you fast reply!

I have wire my tri cree GGG in serie with 4 AAA batteries 6V.
    The resistor is 3W 2ohms.

I m not really happy with the brightness and the light if not even among the blade, do you have any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf69 View Post
    Thank you both for you fast reply!

I have wire my tri cree GGG in serie with 4 AAA batteries 6V.
    The resistor is 3W 2ohms.

I m not really happy with the brightness and the light if not even among the blade, do you have any advice?
    Yes, 3 AAA's is nowhere near enough to run three dice. Run one at 1A (and you can figure out the new resistor you need for the battery solution you currently have) and that should be brighter than what you have now.

The other advice, is use a 3.7V Li-Ion battery instead, and wire your LEDs in parallel and resistor appropriately.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Forgive my ignorance but how come that a li ion 3,7V is better than 4x AAA 1,5v (6V total)?

After reading more stuff i have be to the conclusion that powering 3 GGG is "impossible":
    One green requires 3,8V to be at 1A.
    So if i m in series i would need a batterie pack of 3A
    If i m in parallel i will need 3,8v X 3
    Right?

So either a 4 AAA or 2 li ion wont be enough?

Please correct me if im wrong
    Last edited by wolf69; 01-24-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Disregard original note.

Where did you get 3.8v from for the Green leds? I thought the crees were 3.58v
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 01-24-2016 at 03:38 AM.

Here:
    http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cr...g/XLampXPE.pdf

But either way the voltage is still too high for my battery solution

Blog Entries

The tri Crees sold in the store are xp e2 with the greens rated 3.58v @ 1000 mA, which is NOT too high for a 3.7v battery.

You linked to an xp e. Did you get your led from somewhere else?

Ok i didnt see the difference E2 and E you may be right
    But my question is about a tri xp-e(2?) green so 3 x 3.58v