Thread: Silver (blue/white) Blade LED question

Default Silver (blue/white) Blade LED question

Hello all!

So after some saving and debating I want to build my first saber. I've decided on the handle parts and am looking into the wiring and LEDs.
    I'd really like to have a Silver blade and from what I've read it seem like a Blue & White mix is the way to go using a Custom Tri-Cee LED.

So my question is, how is the best way to go about getting the Silver color result? And what parts would I need to do it? I'm not really looking to put a soundboard in if I don't have to. I was kind of thinking it would be a solid while with a blue aura type of look, but I'm unsure as to how it would look exactly.

I appreciate any help and pointers anyone might have!

Welcome to the Forums.

If you look at GCS's Corran Horn saber, it has a silver blade color mixed with Blue and White. It's basically looks white with a little blue hue to it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks!
    That is a spot on Corran Horn Saber I must say! I honestly see mainly blue when I look at it but that could just be the picture or camera
    I was kind of hoping for something like this. (pic from Miraluka from another thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaaaaaand here's a silver. It's blue/white I think blue was 1A and white was like .5A but I'd have to check the config file to be sure.
    [URL=http://s704.photobucket.com/user/Rikou-Namae/media/20150726_214616.jpg.html
    [/URL]

I love to dial down the blue, myself. Running the blue with a resistor and the white as a direct drive makes a nice silver. Get a 2w resistor for your blue and run the white off of 3.7 V and you should be happy with what you get.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. What, uh...what does that mean? lol
    I understand the 2w and 3.7 V but how would I go about doing what you described as far as the wiring and LED? Or is there somewhere else I could look for that?
    Last edited by Nejaa; 01-22-2016 at 10:47 PM.

I've heard of folks using a white LED and popping one of the light blue color discs on top. That Cree XP-L in the shop should maybe for a very bright saber.