Thread: A quick question about purchasing Sound Cards

Default A quick question about purchasing Sound Cards

I have read that we are not to clutter the forums with question of "when 'X' is getting stocked again". I assure you that this is not what I am asking today. I am looking to wire my saber with an NB card. I have all my calculations and wiring planned out for a NBv2 and PX2.0 for my FoC (abbreviations are fun), however, I just learned of the NBv3 with the ability to work the FoC without the need of the PX2.0. I have plenty of space in my saber to run either configuration but obviously the less I need to solder and affix in my chassis, the easier the build will be on me(first build and all).

Let's get to the heart of the matter here. I am not asking WHEN the NBv3 will be stocked as TCSS has already given us a ballpark on that. I am asking if anyone knows HOW MANY will be available upon their debut. I'm not asking for an exact number, I just want to know from TCSS veterans how long NBs tend to last on the storefront. Is it a few days or a few hours? I can be patient if worse comes to worse, I am attending a Con mid June with my saber so I have plenty of time to complete it by then.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

Quote Originally Posted by JTP View Post
    I have read that we are not to clutter the forums with question of "when 'X' is getting stocked again". I assure you that this is not what I am asking today. I am looking to wire my saber with an NB card. I have all my calculations and wiring planned out for a NBv2 and PX2.0 for my FoC (abbreviations are fun), however, I just learned of the NBv3 with the ability to work the FoC without the need of the PX2.0. I have plenty of space in my saber to run either configuration but obviously the less I need to solder and affix in my chassis, the easier the build will be on me(first build and all).

Let's get to the heart of the matter here. I am not asking WHEN the NBv3 will be stocked as TCSS has already given us a ballpark on that. I am asking if anyone knows HOW MANY will be available upon their debut. I'm not asking for an exact number, I just want to know from TCSS veterans how long NBs tend to last on the storefront. Is it a few days or a few hours? I can be patient if worse comes to worse, I am attending a Con mid June with my saber so I have plenty of time to complete it by then.
    It all depends on how many come in the shipment. If the shipment is on the larger side, they can last a few days. If it's on the smaller side, probably around a day (or a bit less).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you very much. I just like to have a good ballpark in mind. I read a http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=48177.0 post from Plecter just a bit ago that they are hoping to keep shortages to a minimum after the v3s are phased in. Sounds promising.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.