Thread: Request permission to re-post your photo's

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Request permission to re-post your photo's

Hello fellow sabersmiths,

As some of you know, i have an instructable on building a saber that has exceeded 750K views and has been featured in several news articles and blogs. In it I promote places like this forum and TCSS. It is however VERY outdated since it was published in 2009.

I am in the process of rewriting it. I am adding new techniques and new technology into the article. As part of the rewrite, I am building a new lightsaber with a Nano Biscotti purchased recently from TCSS.

So the point of this post. I need pictures examples of the following techniques and technologies from you.

1. Different sound boards built into a saber - Video would also be great.
    2. Saber chassis fully assembled - Both disks and 3D printed
    3. Crystal chamber
    4. Safety/dummy plugs for emitter
    5. Wire management
    6. Anything else new to saber building since 2014.

Along with the pictures I need permission from the saber maker that I can use the image. The permission is actually the important part. I could have just done a search for the above examples and re-post the pictures, but I am an honest and ethical person. So I will only use pictures I took myself or have been granted permission to use. Also I need to know how you would like to be credited for the photo, i.e. username, real name or anonymous. No monetary compensation will be given. This instructable is published at no cost to the public as a way to promote our hobby.

preferably just reply to this thread with a link to the image you want to submit along with words like "you have permission to use this. credit to Darth $%^&." Please submit ONLY your own work or your own property. Do NOT submit something that is not yours.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by vadeblade; 01-12-2016 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison