Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saber Question

Default Saber Question

So I'm getting a saber built by a good buddy of mine, he likes to machine his own stuff. Is posting stuff like that allowed. Will be TCSS element designs though so you might recognize some parts. I think you guys will dig the design though. For now its going to be a rebel white led. Already have the blade done myself. Thin walled blade at 34 inched with round tip and out my own cellophane in. He used QD's though so I can change colors any time when they are re-stocked which I hope will be soon because I'm wanting a regular Rebel blue led. Like he's not copy righting just being inspired by some of the designs basically but the whole hilt is all MHS capable so I can change out parts whenever I want too so I'll probably be using my pommel from my first build forever ago. But thanks for the info on that =] Will be posting pics right when MY saber gets here. He did some cool shroud work on it too. Hasn't posted any pics for me yet though, teasing me about it :P He has his own machine for aluminum stuff so plus for him. Its just a standard stunt but I might upgrade to sound later on since there's plenty of room it seems like
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Sorry if this is in the wrong section though. Didn't think to post in general hilt building :P Move to appropriate area if you wish to

Feel free to post sabers here. MHS, custom machined, hardware sabers, etc, all are welcome.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Just make sure you post it in the Gallery section.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I will right when she comes in ;o Shouldn't be long now, just needs painted on the main body and electronics put in and I'm set. Hoping my buddy uses quick shipping though because I'm super excited to finally get my own saber again :P And fully detailed this time too. I think you guys will like the overall design. Very heavily Obi-wan inspired too which is what I liked about it :P

Dang getting 3 of them. Must've forgotten that :P One will be empty though so I can do whatever to it, the other 2 will have the white leds for now until other colors come back in stock. They can only handle the rebels though. Hope those come back soon

So this is my saber =] Very clan looking. Just a teaser pic from my friend for now. Its mostly finished just waiting for the 2nd coat of paint to dry. Completely custom and mine =] Don't know if the picture showed up or not so
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks awesome!

Yup. Can't wait to get it. Also getting me a Starkiller inspired one too with the white led but red wrapping inside the blade. Thought that was a cool idea :P

Nice looking saber!