Thread: The Youngling Slayer

Default The Youngling Slayer

i just wanted to show off a saber Ive been working on. its a 2007 hasbro luke ANH saber. i got it from a friend and it was in terrible condition.

I CALL IT THE YOUNGLING SLAYER (i call every graflex-based hilt i see that name lol)

the clamp section was completely missing. i picked up a replica graflex clamp from the store and filed/sanded/dremeled the hilt down where the clamp goes to make the clamp fit around the hilt enough to get the old control box over it (it was my first time using a dremel so dont judge me on the mess it made of the hilt lol)
    i also installed 2 tactile switches that go under the replica bubble strip from tcss (not shown in pics, but its currently installed)

next, i installed an anakin ROTS blade holder from TCSS. it took quite a bit of altering before it fit right, but i got it in there good and tight lol. (i installed 2 set screws on the top of it and tightened them down just enough to fit the inside diameter of the hilt) i also cut out the window between the main part of the hilt and the ring at the emiter.

i weathered it the best i could (my first weathering job as well) to mask the spots i jacked it up with the dremel, and it has a tri-rebel red/green/royal blue that i had sitting around (blue and green mixed shown in the pics)

it doesnt yet have a sound board. im seriously considering yanking the prizm out of my main saber and installing it into this one, but ive also thought about installing a spark 2 and using the green and the blue to mix the various shades of cyan and blue this saber has had throughout the movies its been in

Last edited by clahey83; 01-08-2016 at 08:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Cool!

That's funny, I call that model the Baby Killer.

Great work (and great name too)!
    What LED are you using?
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

That saber looks like it's seen some major stuff! Especially the glass eye.

Awesome!!!! Looks Amazing with a perfect name

Very nice. Which version of the Anakin blade holder did you use? The regular one?

You did a good job on the weathering.

It's got a tri-rebel RGrB, and it has the non-removable conversion kit.
    The "glass eye" is actually hot glue now lol. I couldn't find a suitable piece of plastic for it