Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Resistor Calculation check and advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Thanks, I was looking for that link for him...I book marked it on the Ipad but not the computer unfortunately.

Should I just go with the 1 ohm 2W resister for the .55 the white LED requires or do you think I could find better? I definitely want it as bright as possible. It is just for FoC, so im not sure it makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Voodoo View Post
    Should I just go with the 1 ohm 2W resister for the .55 the white LED requires or do you think I could find better? I definitely want it as bright as possible. It is just for FoC, so im not sure it makes a big difference.
    That will be fine, as you said, it won't make a huge difference.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

it looks like the 1ohm 2W's are out of stock. If I try to track down some 1 Ohm 1W online for the .55 ohm, is there a specific brand I should look for? Material? just wondering if a resistor is a resistor is a resistor haha

Usually carbon film tend to be the best.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I ordered some resistors but i just want to double check the Royal blue. I found 1 ohm 1 W for the white which will be fine, but the RB was only .29 so I was able to find some .39 ohm, 1/2 w. Will that be cutting it too close for the blue or will I be ok?

Blog Entries

That'll be just fine. Equal to or greater than is the rule.