I'm new here. It's sweet that a forum exists for my most inner nerdom. I am looking to design and build my own saber from scratch. Although I have extensive experience in nearly all aspects of metal fabrication, I lack any machinery or tools (worked in commercial/industrial shops). My first question is, is there anyone on here that I can work with through correspondence in order to achieve this goal? Of course I understand that the design is completely my responsibility, but I would feel much more comfortable if someone were to assist me, or "hold my hand" so-to-speak. I was also wondering if anyone here makes a bulk list of parts that I can just buy and put together. It seems everywhere I look on the net, there is only a select few parts, which lack any variety, design, or colour scheme. I have become really inspired by the hilt designs I see at Saberforge, but for the inside and how it's put together, I really like what Rob at Genesis is doing. He really does a beautiful job, as well as keeping everything solid and authentic looking. Anyway, I would really appreciate any wisdom from our senior builders here in the forum. Cheers!

May the Force be with you.