I'm just trying to get a reality check from you more experienced saber-smiths here. I've bought the bare minimal electronics requirements so far for a Prizm saber and I'm drawing out the cosmetics of my hilt.

This will be my first saber and I am very keen on making a crystal chamber. The schematic is below:

Current concerns:
  • This requires some custom machining for the shroud (Yellow) and the two custom chassis-disc/egg-holders (Red). I plan to ask TCSS to do this as a service, but not sure how hard this would be for them. Also, the builder shows a small extra clearance in the threading of parts. Do these spaces allow chassis discs to fit snugly while allowing male parts to fully thread in?

• Activation box 14 kind of has a lot of switches/ports in one place. Too much Cram-fu?

• Wiring RGB accent lights for crystal chamber seems simple on paper, but with the current design, would the space limitations make this unreasonable?

• Space limitations in general. This is already a 13 inch saber and I just realized I didn't even draw the speaker. It looks like I might be wasting a lot of space at the front in order to prevent the shroud from obstructing the crystal. Would it make it easier to have a longer front area, get rid of the pommel-side extension and put the crystal chamber in the pommel just before the speaker?

• Anything else that looks horribly wrong?

I am incredibly grateful for any advice.