Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pay as I go

Default Pay as I go

Hey guys, I'm new here and to the world of stunt sabers, my awesome wife bought be a surprise one for Christmas by Ultrasabers and I MUST get another one lol. I did a bunch of pricing and comparisons, and I was going to go with Vader's Vault, however my wife about slew me with my brand new lightsaber when I requested to spend $410 on my birthday haha.

So I found this site and I instantly fell in love, here's my thought, I can easily justify getting a lightsaber if I pay as I go.

So quick questions,
    A. Do I HAVE to get a main body, or can I just make one out of the extensions and have him tap a hole in one of the extensions for the button(s)? Side note is there a way to tap a whole in a ribbed extension? I'm having ahard time figuring out where I'd place the buttons.
    B. The goal is (probably not ideal) to buy a nice LED that allows for Flash on Clash first and then buy a sound board, will this make my life a nightmare or just a minor inconvenience on wiring?
    C. To do clash on flash and various sounds what will I need electronic-wise, how many holes and what sizes will I need tapped, etc.
    D. I want a weathered look, what's the best way to go about that?
    E. As far as actual sabers go, don't lie to me on this, I will be giving these guys plenty of business, but who makes the best ones. I'm pretty impressed with the diffusing that occurs in ultrasabers and $13 shipping is not bad for that size of packaging.

I am totally okay with reading, so if there is sources, I will definitely go look at those for further investigation.

Blog Entries

Hi and welcome.

We shy away from mentioning ultra sabers here for various reasons.

Yes, you can build a saber with extensions rather than a main body.

As for the other questions, there is a ton of info here on the forums. Search bar is going to be your best friend. The informational and tutorial videos section will also prove very helpful.

Good luck!

Welcome to the Forums.

Since you are brand new, I will answer your questions.

A. No, you can do what you have suggested, and use extensions, and have the appropriate holes drilled and or tapped for you.

B. This depends on your skill level. IF you plan reasonable well, it shouldn't be too much of a nightmare. The great thing about the the saber parts sold here are they are upgradable as time goes on.

C. Mostly a soundcard that can do whatever you want. You can look through the store and see the various cards. the NB is considered the "Beginner level" and Crystal Focus cards are the "Advanced", and there are a few in between.

D. As you read through the forum, I'm sure you'll come across some tutorials that will help you out with this.

E. US is basically not mentioned in these (and on most other forums). VV is one of the best reputable Sabersmiths around, as is Genesis Custom Sabers, LDMCustom Sabers and a couple of others for completed hilts. Since this Forum is attached to a store, you might want to read over this forum's guidelines.

Good Luck.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I can't figure out how to PM, so if you need to reply to this in a PM be my guest. What is the deal with ultrasabers? I've heard them essentially mentioned as "they who shall not be named" along with saberforge (which I figured out people's issues with him).

Thank you for the speedy response, a little sad I need to investigate a bit more than I really wanted to but I'm sure I can hack through all the weeds to get the info I need.

EDIT: Ah thank you Forgetful for answering everything briefly! Do I need to edit part of my post there?
    Last edited by Gibraltor; 12-30-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibraltor View Post
    I can't figure out how to PM, so if you need to reply to this in a PM be my guest. What is the deal with ultrasabers? I've heard them essentially mentioned as "they who shall not be named" along with saberforge (which I figured out people's issues with him).

Thank you for the speedy response, a little sad I need to investigate a bit more than I really wanted to but I'm sure I can hack through all the weeds to get the info I need.

EDIT: Ah thank you Forgetful for answering everything briefly! Do I need to edit part of my post there?
    No, you're ok. You must make sure you set it up in your profile, and then there is time period and post count you have to reach before it becomes active IIRC.

TO answer your other question: US and SF are essentially 2 sides of the same coin.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Ahhhh, gotcha. Okay so as far as refutable blades go, Vader's Vault is pretty good, I saw a video on custom saber blades and they are very durable to say the least lol, how well do the two compare diffusing-wise?

They are probably very similar. It mostly depends on how much wrap you use. I usually use VV premade blades myself, so I'll let the others chime in with their findings.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Okay cool! Hey what's the difference between MHS v1 and v2, and are they compatible? Has anyone used the tonfa parts to make a Kylo Ren crossguard yet?
    Last edited by Gibraltor; 12-30-2015 at 03:11 PM.

The v2 parts have a smaller OD than the v1 parts so it's good for smaller hands. The v2 parts were a more recent development so there aren't as many parts for those in the store as compared to the v1 parts.

Yes, v2 and v1 parts can be put together via an adapter piece:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ma...pter-P931.aspx

Ah, interesting, thanks for the response, I will look more into this!