Thread: Hi from San Diego!

Default Hi from San Diego!

Hi folks,

Wanted to jump in and say hi - I am entirely new to saber building and am very eager to get started. I currently have a saberstaff from Ultrasabers but very much want to start building my own; I've always preferred being able to do (whatever it is) myself, largely because it is usually cheaper, and because it is much more fulfilling. Especially in the case of a lightsaber, when in the Star Wars universe each one is handcrafted by the wielder, it makes so much sense to build one yourself.

Thanks so much to the administration for making it possible to do this ourselves, and thanks to Plecter Labs for making them come to life. Very excited to begin.

If anyone has tips on building a crossguard saber, mayhaps with the Kylo Ren BladeBuilders soundboard, I would be all-ears. Not an expert solderer by any means, but I am a mechanical engineer by trade and have done countless car stereo installs, lighting setups, guitar/bass wiring, etc. I have read the crossguard setup is an ambitious build, but maybe with a simple quad-pipe connector I could simplify it.... maybe...? Need a crossguard saber for Wondercon in March, and have been debating between buying one or making this my first build.

See you around!

Welcome to the forums!

Hello there, welcome. There has been quite a few threads recently for building a cross guard/kylo ren saber, have a search around, you may find the info you seek. Good luck with your build and MTFBWY
    Last edited by Greenie; 12-30-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Welcome to the forums
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Welcome to the Forums.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you for the welcomes If anyone is willing to lend an eye, I am putting together a parts list for my first saber; I would appreciate your input

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...lp-Appreciated!

Thanks!