Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First build list any help would be appreciated!

Ok so for the red die I'd take (3.7-2.59)/1 which gives me 1.11 and same for watts. So then would I order a 1ohm 2watt or a 1.2ohm 3watt resistor...I am gonna guess the 1.2/3 , just double checking.

Yes. The 1.2ohm would be safer and if it's your FOC colour maximum brightness is not so 'important'

Ok! So I got my trip Cree all wired up and functional! Did the speaker too. Just ordered a prizm card and the pc chassis discs along with the short choke. Soon my parts list will be complete.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Ok! So I got my trip Cree all wired up and functional! Did the speaker too. Just ordered a prizm card and the pc chassis discs along with the short choke. Soon my parts list will be complete.....
    Yeehaw
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

So it's time to wire things up. I am confused how to wire my main leds. The prizm manual shows the main led wired in common cathode with the neg. With resistors going to the pads, mine is wire exactly opposite with a common anode.... so do I run my common neg to the positive or the negative on the battery?

With the Prizm, the (+) is "common" and the negative pads go one to each of the channels (resistors on the (-)).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thx Generic Jedi, for that layman's terms way you explained Ohm's Law.

I've been on these forums for a little over a year now, and have seen it posted before in it's formulaic version.
    Now it's finally starting to make sense to me, seeing how it works in a real world use kind of way.

Well that makes no sense to my brain but I'll take your word for it. Lol So next question, when I wire the switches I know one lead from the activation switch goes to the specific place for it on the board but where does the other go? The battery positive? How do I wire the auxiliary (I have the metal tactile one from the shop)?

There are three little pads in a row used for the switches. One for activation (the left pad), one for auxiliary (the middle pad), and one common ground that both switches share (the right pad).

Page 13 of the Prizm manual gives a picture of the switch wiring diagram.

@ TwinMill: You're welcome!

Ok. I viewed that diagram before I asked the question, thought that's what it meant but wasn't sure...at all really. Thanks for the help thus far man!