Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sound in a maglite saber

Default Sound in a maglite saber

I been looking in the forums for a little over two hours and I haven't found an answer to this: ifs it possible to put a sound board into a2D cell Maglie with the conversion pieces from the store, and if so, what sounds pieces do I need to get from the store as I'm on a swell budget? Any help would go a long way as I'm building two. One for me and a smaller one for my son, he's two and wants one also. Thank you.

I actually have an idea for you. I can post any links as this forum is attached to a store, but there are some AA to D cell adapters available. you could use them to house any electronics you will need and they will fit perfectly into your Maglite saber.

The Graflex chassis disks from the store will fit a "D" cell Maglite. You may have to sand them slightly.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Gr...eiland-C5.aspx
    I would use a Nano Biscotti and ditch the stock Maglite switch for an AV type momentary switch.
    The blade holder from the store can be modified to hold any led of your choice.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/D-...lder-P514.aspx
    Good luck.
    Don
    Last edited by Darth Obi Don; 10-29-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    Sith Happens

Thanks. I will look into it. cause like i said I'm looking to build two maybe three, depending if my daughter wants me to build one and I looked and found this to be more cost effective for those that have limited funds. Again, thanks.

Sorry for asking another question that probably sounds dumb, but would i need a wiring harness, or an extension? So far i got these on my wishlist for when I get the funds:
    the blade holder
    the pommel adapter
    nb sound module v2
    mhs speaker mount v5
    2w 28mm bass speaker
    the graflex chassis disc
    nb headerand wiring harness
    mhs extension blank style 3
    mps v2 pommel style 2
    mps v2 pommel insert style 2
    led tcss style battle blade 1" OD
    Again thanks for the help Don and clayhey

i got rid of the extension and added the button, the resistor, buckpuck, and rebel star led & mhs module. would those work on the maglite set up? If you can take a look and get back with me on what changes if any i need to do: thanks again.

Please do not post your passwords of any type on the forum! - FJK
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-29-2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: MODIFIED

You do not need a Buckpuck if you are using the NB sound card. I also don't see anything for a battery solution. It's hard to calculate a resistor value without knowing which battery to use.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I updated the list to include the 4AA battery holder. some extra wire and the clash and swing sensor. And thanks for that reminder in the last post, and the links too. I'm new to this, all be it I'm 35, LOL
    Last edited by Cha'is Jar; 10-29-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Why did you include a pommel? How do you plan to attach it? 4AA's are too much voltage for the NB card. You would be better off with one of the 3.7V battery packs sold in the store.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-29-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

oh, ok thanks. i included a pommel cause i got the pommel adapter for the mag-lite on the list to buy, again thanks.