Thread: cant find led drivers

Default cant find led drivers

the 2nd option for leds is an led driver cant find that on customsabershop.com
    example.jpg
    thanks

If you want sound use a sound board and resisters, if not just resisters or a buck puck.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    If you want sound use a sound board and resisters, if not just resisters or a buck puck.
    i thought the led driver was separate from sound
    Option 2
    The driver board is a specially designed circuit board that has special features allowing the saber's blade to appear to extend and retract, flash on impact and shimmer on command. The extension/retraction effects are best seen with our new custom coring blades.These drivers can use either momentary or latching switches, you just have to order the right type. It outputs 1000mA, 1200mA, or 1500mA, depending on which board you get. This output can not be changed.

I'm not even sure what you're asking here. If you want to build a stunt saber, with no sound, you'll need a buckpuck to control the current going to the blade LED. If you want sound, all of the soundboards sold at TCSS will control the blade LED as well (within the details specified in each board's respective manual). The NB and Prizm don't have an onboard LED driver, so you'll need to use a resistor with those, but the Crystal Focus and Petit Crouton both have an onboard LED driver circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by sgcdialler View Post
    I'm not even sure what you're asking here.
    Ditto. There doesn't actually seem to be a question here.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

From my understanding, there used to be a led driver with the special effects, but it cost just about as much as a Nano Biscotti so they stopped selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Ditto. There doesn't actually seem to be a question here.
    there is a question on saber led tutorial they say option 2 led driver i cant find it on customsaber shop the actual shop i cant find it

Quote Originally Posted by maybach123 View Post
    there is a question on saber led tutorial they say option 2 led driver i cant find it on customsaber shop the actual shop i cant find it
    They probably stopped carrying it, because there are sound boards that are about the same price nowadays.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Yeah, TCSS used to sell a separate LED driver board, but like others said it cost about as much as the Nano Biscotte does now, and the Nano can do everything that board did with the addition of sound and a few other features

The NB is an incredible value. It basically takes away much of any reason to use an econo board. You can make it simple and still have great sounds, and it will still drive more advanced options if desired.