Thread: Need help figuring out MHSV1 parts internal electronics fitment

Default Need help figuring out MHSV1 parts internal electronics fitment

Hi everybody,

Looking to build my first saber and was wondering if I should go for a 4" Double female threaded connector DF4 or 5" Double female threaded connector DF5 extension.

This section is going to house the NB V2 and a Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module plus a 2W 28mm Bass Speaker with MHS speaker mount V4

I want to make it as short as possible. What got me worry is that i saw the part, "MHS speaker mount V6 - For 28mm Speakers" said that it need at least 5." I'm not planning on using that part so i was wondering if it will fit. It can't pass the 4" part since I planning on other stuff on the top section.

If i only know the measurement of the Li-Ion 18650 3.7 battery pack.

Thanks for your time.

The 3400 mAh 18650 battery is 2.75" long. I don't know if the 2600 mAh 18650 is the same length. Are you planning on using chassis disk 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Jedi View Post
    The 3400 mAh 18650 battery is 2.75" long. I don't know if the 2600 mAh 18650 is the same length. Are you planning on using chassis disk 5?
    All 18650 batteries are within a mm or 2 in length of each other length wise. The first 2 numbers (1 is the diameter in mm's and the next 2 (65) are the length in mm's (65 mm). That's how the system works.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

There is also a small protection circuit in the battery pack that adds a little bit to the length. I measured my 18650 at 2.75" (about 70mm).

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Jedi View Post
    There is also a small protection circuit in the battery pack that adds a little bit to the length. I measured my 18650 at 2.75" (about 70mm).
    That's why I didn't correct your overall length in inches. You always have to add a little extra.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Good to know.

wow thanks for the quick replay and the useful information!

I was thinking of using the Acrylic Chassis Disc for NB and 18500/18650 pack - S3 (Clear) plus a speaker mount i have yet decide which version.

From what i read so it should fit the 4in extension then. Might be a tight fit with the speaker mount but looks manageable. Thanks everybody for the input!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by harv415 View Post
    From what i read so it should fit the 4in extension then. Might be a tight fit with the speaker mount but looks manageable. Thanks everybody for the input!
    Draw it out. Some paper, a pencil, and a ruler go a long way in mitigating headaches

Back when I was building sabers on the regular, I made myself a bunch of "mockups" made from plastic card stock that I could use to layout the parts inside a saber to see what would/could fit where and where I might need to adjust either the parts I used or the design. Saved me a lot of headaches when figuring out how to design a saber properly and still get all the goodies inside it that I wanted.

thanks Jonitus for the hint. Not a bad idea!