Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Darth Chasm's DCLS-003 AKA "The Lucky Padawan"

Sorry sir, I've misled you there. I'm actually trying the reverse sound thing, with a 20mm speaker in the choke area. However, I've custom made a delrin chassis to hold an NB allowing access to the sd card when the pommel is removed and I have similar space limitations

image.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Sorry sir, I've misled you there. I'm actually trying the reverse sound thing, with a 20mm speaker in the choke area. However, I've custom made a delrin chassis to hold an NB allowing access to the sd card when the pommel is removed and I have similar space limitations

image.jpg
    Oh I see. Yeah there's no SD access in this saber without disconnecting the main led, switch and accent led. It can be done fairly easy as I used Molex QDs, but I figured I'd set the parameters for him and leave it at that.

I was toying with a spring loaded mechanism and got it working but it still required some disassembly so I scrapped it. I might revisit the idea again down the road.

Space is such a precious thing in these "toys"

absolutely awesome build. Very lucky kid to have such a nice saber!
    LOCKHEED

lucky Padawan indeed. Looks great and I bet it took some good Cramfu too. Your final product looks very much like your render, I can only attribute that to great build planning. I need to make a new saber for my youngling as I robbed his NB. He always take my saber anyway, he wants blaster blocks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    absolutely awesome build. Very lucky kid to have such a nice saber!
    Coming from you, this is a true compliment as I love the work you do. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    lucky Padawan indeed. Looks great and I bet it took some good Cramfu too. Your final product looks very much like your render, I can only attribute that to great build planning. I need to make a new saber for my youngling as I robbed his NB. He always take my saber anyway, he wants blaster blocks.
    Thank you sir. I get a kick out of the design process and planning the outcome. I'm a creative director by profession so I guess it's in my DNA. The cram-fu wasn't too bad and if I had the time and supplies I could have even put in a tiny crystal chamber. The only real sacrifice I had to make was like I said above, no easy SD access. But he isn't going to mess with it anyway so I thought that was acceptable.

Well, that made me smile. Right now, you're the worlds coolest uncle. Happy christmas indeed. Oh, and the kids got some moves too. Sweeeeeeet!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Oh, and the kids got some moves too. Sweeeeeeet!
    Right? I don't know how he knew how to do that.

He did break my heart a little when my brother and I told him to go grab the DVD of the FIRST movie and he came back with TPM

Really though, he was so excited. He even called his teacher to ask if it was ok to bring it in for show and tell. She agreed to it sans the blade

Hmmm, I missed this thread. Nice work.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com