After getting involved in a game of Force and Destiny, I got to work drawing up plans for a custom lightsaber. My inspiration was one idea: "What sort of lightsaber would someone build if his only prior exposure was witnessing Vader strike down any who opposed the Empire?" Build requirements were thus (1) a slanted emitter, (2) a control box, and (3) black grips on a silvery body. After making dozens (if not hundreds) of variations, I finally settled on a set of schematics and started purchasing the required components.

Front half is 1" sch40 PVC to hold the blade and LED module. Rear half is Class200 (thinwall) 1" PVC to make room for the 2010 Economy Vader soundboard. Lots of 1" fittings for detail, as well as 1.5" PVC sinktube for some shroud work. Activation Box machined from some expanded PVC. Build was originally powered by a single 18650 with a recharge port in the pommel. Those have since been stashed away for a future build, and the LED's been rewired to play nice with a 3xAAA battery pack.

Heatsink, thumbscrew, and resistors sourced from TCSS. Everything else sourced from the hardware store, an electronics shop, and other random sources. RGB LED's been tuned to a decent yellow.

Aaaand lit up with a 36" thinwall blade.