Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My First acid etch hilt

Default My First acid etch hilt

Hi All

I did my first acid etch ready to build it all up. Any thoughts/comments tips hints much appreciated.

20151112_072246.jpg

Cheers Guys

Very nice. What process did you use?
    Would a lightsaber switchblade be redundant?

Copper sulphate/sodium Chloride mix. KR sabers video on you tube helped a lot

Looks pretty good! How did you do your resist?

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Nice!

With everyone showing off their etching lately I may need to give it a try... Need to come up with a Saber design to use it on first though

Lookin good!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Not bad.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Cool. Kinda reminds me of Dan Donegan's old Washburn guitar Maya with the red flames on it :P If you know that band and his old guitar anyway
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Nicely done. I've had such negative results with ferric chloride... it's the only method I've tried, though. Maybe it's time to try something different. Although, I've seen very nice work done with it sooo I dunno. Might have to give saltwater a try next.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

nicely done... looks like you've got some trouble with your resist there though...

might be worth grabbing some lumocolor pens... the permanent ones, you can get them at most stationary stores and are AMAZING for touching up resist work prior to etching.

I always keep one or two around when touching up resist after baking it on, they work a treat