Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC3.5 Single Cell and Colour Xtender RGB cree

Default PC3.5 Single Cell and Colour Xtender RGB cree

Is there any issue with wiring up an RGB Cree with the Cex board on a single cell modified PC3.5?

Or does the pc board require 2C 7.4v to power a flexiblend Cex board with three cree's?

If I have missed a previous post on this, feel free to link me so I can be schooled.

Hi Darth_Fibonacci,
    I do not know the answer to this question, I'm just wondering why you want to do that...? If you make the single cell tweak, you have a board with native color mixing capabilities, even without the CEX. So in my eyes a CEX is money wrongly spent, not to mention the enermous space it needs.
    Check out one of my PC tweaks: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ight=Coruscant

But alas my assumptions might be wrong...

Hi Obi1, are you referring to direct drive? I had the impression direct drive was possible with the single cell hack, but still retaining the option of using a cex for (erv's) flexiblend.

From what I've seen and read so far the single cell modification doesn't clearly state any dire functional limitations.
    Although based on the available voltage reduction to 3.7 (Unlike room to move with amperage/series etc @7.4)- I fear I may have reduced the boards output by removing the reg. (I could probably put it back if I really had to.)

I am learning headfirst with this scene, but luckily I have not made any fundamental errors yet (apart from spend money unnecessarily and a copper-sinkpad close call with cree soldering.)
    Bench supply test has 300ma peak draw running just the sound font and bass speaker. So far so good I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Fibonacci View Post
    Is there any issue with wiring up an RGB Cree with the Cex board on a single cell modified PC3.5?

Or does the pc board require 2C 7.4v to power a flexiblend Cex board with three cree's?

If I have missed a previous post on this, feel free to link me so I can be schooled.
    You can do it. The color extender just allows for smoother color mixing.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Aha thank you!!

So to clarify, Single cell 18650 3.7v PC single cell mod/ cex Colour xtender board and a tri Cree is a green light!

Great then I'm wiring up the rest! for a cree bench test (safely diffused of course)

I wonder what the runtime will be, (might have to configure the settings to compensate :s)

It depends on the battery and how you run the Tri-CRee. But my guess would be about an hour.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

18650, sounds good enough for me

This is great fun~
    I even think I have developed a work around for the recharge port in the pommel disc with a pommel mounted speaker V4.
    (I used to work in an r'd situation, so this could go either way..)
    First test has been successful.
    It's not 100% yet but working with a 0.5mm clearance so far.
    If/when it works I may post a pic.

FJK is fully right, if you want a smooth color mixing using the R.I.C.E., go for the Cex. Direct drive also gives you a smooth-like color mixing option, but with an offset w.r.t. R.I.C.E. GUI.

Yes, I already have the Cex

I was just checking if it was ok to run a tri cree with cex on a pc/single cell @ 3.7v

(I may rebuild a chassis to equip it with 2x 18650 7.4, but It may be easier to use 2x 18500 inline next time for a very flush fit.)

This is my first build and I'm even going to fit flush tactile switches
    It should be a worthy first build.