Thread: My new saber HELP?

Default My new saber HELP?

Hi all,
    I have here my parts list im planning to buy. But I just have a few questions and perhaps may I can some tips from the pros in this, please?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...8-a9e9f11ff24f

4AA Battery holder
    Covertec Clip
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 5
    Hilt style 4
    MPS Pommel style 6
    MWS Guarded Style Latching Switches
    BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire
    Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    Cree/Rebel Lens Holder
    Star thermal tape pad
    1-3/16" ID Black O-ring
    MPS Clip
    MPS Insert style 6
    MHS choke style 3
    1" Thick walled Trans White PolyC 40" long (34 inches +$0.50)
    Shouldered 1" thick walled blade tip with reflective disc
    Red Orange Cree XP-E2 CopperNova
    Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    MHS ribbed extension

I am planning to buy other wire/electronics here in Australia.
    Questions:
    - for the LED, does it come with its own kit or do I have to buy the module kit separately? (lens, lens holder, sinktube, thermal tape, etc) coz I couldn't find the sinktube or such
    - what screw do i need for the convertec clip.
    - when will the c clip for the pommel be in stock?
    - does all my parts look good?

and some tips would be nice.

Thank you

The pre-wired LED modules come with everything you need for your LED (lens holder, lens, LED, thermal tape, heatsink, and the aluminum holder thing) already wired with a JST connector. You just pick the color.

Use this srew for your covertec button. And don't forget the button. I didn't see it in your list.

I don't know when the c-clip will be back in stock, but it shouldn't take long. Don't forget to get a pommel insert (you won't need the c-clip without the insert).

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Jedi View Post
    The pre-wired LED modules come with everything you need for your LED (lens holder, lens, LED, thermal tape, heatsink, and the aluminum holder thing) already wired with a JST connector. You just pick the color.

Use this srew for your covertec button. And don't forget the button. I didn't see it in your list.

I don't know when the c-clip will be back in stock, but it shouldn't take long. Don't forget to get a pommel insert (you won't need the c-clip without the insert).
    Hi,
    thanks for the info.
    Oh ok, but I was kinda hoping that I don't want the connector at the end for the module, Is it possible to have it in an open wire end?
    For the Covertec screw, will it have a hold for it or shall i make a new hole?
    same goes for a D-ring?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lselda91 View Post
    Hi,
    thanks for the info.
    Oh ok, but I was kinda hoping that I don't want the connector at the end for the module, Is it possible to have it in an open wire end?
    Just cut the connector off

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Just cut the connector off
    Cut one wire at a time, or else you could short out the PCB.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

You will need to drill and tap two holes (or order the drill and tap service from the store). One for the covertec button, usually in the hilt. The other for blade retention in the blade holder.

this should look nice. here is a quick render i did. this gave me a reason to add a guarded switch to my lost of 3d rendered parts i have. I dont have the black o rings yet but you can imagine how it will look

Untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lselda91 View Post
    Hi,
    thanks for the info.
    For the Covertec screw, will it have a hold for it or shall i make a new hole?
    same goes for a D-ring?

Thanks
    Are you talking about a hole in the covertec knob or a hole in the hilt? The knob has a hole to put the screw through, but you'll need to have an 8/32 threaded hole added to the hilt. You can do that yourself or add the 8/32 hole service to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Cut one wire at a time, or else you could short out the PCB.
    If you're cutting the connecter off a pre-wired battery.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalan the Exiled View Post
    this should look nice. here is a quick render i did. this gave me a reason to add a guarded switch to my lost of 3d rendered parts i have. I dont have the black o rings yet but you can imagine how it will look

Untitled.jpg

Wow thanks for the look