Thread: Setup not flashing on clash

Default Setup not flashing on clash

Hey guys,

I've been trying to diagnose an issue with my wiring setup as of late. Basically, after I've wired everything up, the electronics work with exception to the flash on clash effect. I'm using a Blue/Blue/White Cree LED and the white light doesn't seem to flash on. I've tested the white LED separately and it seems to be working so I suspect it's the Power Extender that's the problem. Earlier, I had an issue with the system not turning off and I re-wired one of the joints on the Power Extender since I felt that perhaps a wire was soldered too close to the other parts and was causing it to mess up. After re-wiring it, I can now switch off the system but the white light still doesn't flash on clash.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing the issue? I'm going to be continuing to figure it out but if anyone have any ideas or have come across this issue prior, it may help immensely. Thanks!

Edit: Oh here is my electronic diagram
    Saber1_Circuit.jpg

Did you bridge the resistor pad?

I'm not entirely sure what the resistor pad on the PEX is but I'm going to gander a guess and say no presumably since nothing looks bridged at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Rayataz View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what the resistor pad on the PEX is but I'm going to gander a guess and say no presumably since nothing looks bridged at this point
    If you didn't put a resistor there, you will need to bridge those two pads to complete the circuit.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Okay. Having a "feeling like an idiot" moment here lol but what exactly am I supposed to do to bridge those pads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayataz View Post
    Okay. Having a "feeling like an idiot" moment here lol but what exactly am I supposed to do to bridge those pads?
    You could simply disconnect the two (+) wires from the board, and solder them to each other - using heatshrink over the joint would be a big plus.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Do I just put solder between those two pads?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You could simply disconnect the two (+) wires from the board, and solder them to each other - using heatshrink over the joint would be a big plus.
    Okay. I think I'll do that. Thank you!

Easiest fix ever! Thanks again!