Thread: Wiring Check

Default Wiring Check

This is my simplistic wire setup for the important bits. I know how to wire the rice and the speaker (pretty straight forward) it is everything else I would like feed back on. Also I am curious if I can use the 20mA DynaOhm? Variable Resistor for most of my resisting needs (like FoC) or if I should use the math and get a proper resistor.

You won't need resistors if you are using the CEX.

You WILL need to do the math and get the proper resistor. Dyna-Ohms are meant for accent LEDs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ok sounds good. I was only concerned with the FoC resistor because I'm using an RGBW setup with White using the Channel 3 FoC OnBoard PEx.
    So I can I used the Dyna-Ohms for my crystal chamber if the RGB is set to mimic the blade color?

Yes.

You will need a resistor for the fourth channel. Don't exactly know WHY you padawans seem to feel the need the fourth die, but that's an entirely separate subject.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I know I could make a saber using only 3 but the RGBW was a nice high powered LED and I'm the type to push the limit.

wait the forth channel? I'm wiring the Forth into the CEx so shouldn't a resistor not be needed?

You have four channels. 1 is the Main, 2 go to the CEX and the 4th is the one you need the resistor and the PEX for.

"High Powered" huh?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

My setup is as follows

Channel 1 (main) - Red
    Channel 2 - Green (Color Extender)
    Channel 3 - White (FoC)
    Channel 4 - Blue (Color Extender)

According to the CFv7 manual I require no PEx with this setup because I'm sending Channel 4 through the CEx and using Channel 3 for its OnBoard PEx. Only thing is I need a resistor for the FoC on channel 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    My setup is as follows

Channel 1 (main) - Red
    Channel 2 - Green (Color Extender)
    Channel 3 - White (FoC)
    Channel 4 - Blue (Color Extender)

According to the CFv7 manual I require no PEx with this setup because I'm sending Channel 4 through the CEx and using Channel 3 for its OnBoard PEx. Only thing is I need a resistor for the FoC on channel 3.
    Which is essentially what I just told you.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines