Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First time builder could use some help with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Yes. You can buy them direct from Plecterlabs labs, although there are none being made this side of TFA
    If your location is Sus*** (England) shipping would cost about 4quid

***? What's that about?
    You are "violating" the swear filter.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

can anyone help me with the resistors? I tried using the calculator but I couldn't figure it out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malfegorus View Post
    can anyone help me with the resistors? I tried using the calculator but I couldn't figure it out
    Just curious, did you check out the post I linked you to? It lays out the equation and also gives a link to FJKs helpful tut.

Here it is within your thread:

(Supply Voltage - LED Vf)/Amps

**I do not know if these are your numbers. Just examples.

So for instance, if your battery is 3.7v, and your LED has Vf of 2.5 and you're driving it at 1A you would do this...
    (3.7 - 2.5)/1 = 1.2ohms (numbers in red are the ones you use in the online calculators)

Now for the wattage you need take your resistance and multiply it by the current squared...
    1.2*(1^2) = 1.2w or 2w rounded up (or greater)

FJK has a better explanation here http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law