Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D files

Default 3D files

Hi everyone,

Is there a respository of CAD files for any of the MHS parts which is shared so that people can get a 3D render? I've seen on the store that this is a service which you can pay for but is it ok to do it yourself if you are able? The MHS builder is great but it doesnt include the Trim Rings or any grooves I want to add on the lathe. There are some amazing 3D renders on the Forum, I just want to know if the files can be shared.

Thanks,
    Remulos

I have rendered most of the MHS parts for my personal use. Some of them are not exact since the exact deminsions of them are not available for good reason. But with some work you can use 123D from autodesk to render just about any part you want. And it is fairly easy to learn to use. Only took me about 20 min of playing arou d.

Would you be willing to share the parts files? Don't worry if not, I just want to minimise the time I have to spend on my awful laptop doing detail work. Again, it's completely fine if not.

I have a few parts modeled in Solidworks 2012. Just outside features, no threads or IDs so no real way anyone could actually machine parts from them. And many of the outside features are just an eyeball guess . Check out this thread for what I've done:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...pinions-needed

I'll be happy to share models for personal use (renders). Solidworks can export to most generic files types; .STEP or .IGES are the most common generics. Just let me know what you need. If Thalan can get you his 123D models that would probably be easiest since 123D is a free to use program and Solidworks is pretty costly. But if I can help, let me know.

PS: If Tim or any Mods have any issues with this, just say the word. Like I said above: I don't think my models are nearly complete enough to let anyone knock off TCSS's work.
    Would a lightsaber switchblade be redundant?

Well, I am going to say this... Tim was offering 3D CAD services of potential hilts at one point in time.

I don't currently know what the status is, but with everything else going on I can only guess.

I personally won't discourage anything, unless Tim thinks it will interfere with his business.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I will send them to him but I don't want tto do anything to undermine Tim. So if anyone has a way to ask him please do. The files I have are not exact since the exact specs are not given. They are very close replications from the measurments/specs I have been able to come up with. But they do look darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalan the Exiled View Post
    I will send them to him but I don't want tto do anything to undermine Tim. So if anyone has a way to ask him please do. The files I have are not exact since the exact specs are not given. They are very close replications from the measurments/specs I have been able to come up with. But they do look darn good.
    "Close Enough" should be good enough for making a 3D model idea of a saber.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I just need Remulos to message me an email address I can send them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalan the Exiled View Post
    I just need Remulos to message me an email address I can send them to.
    He may not be able to right away. He has to meet a post count and a length of time as a member before his ability to PM becomes active.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Oh didn't realise he was that new

here is a link to download it from my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmu14d9kyr....zip?dl=0&s=so

If you have any specific parts you want rendered let me know and i will see what i can do
    Last edited by Thalan the Exiled; 10-22-2015 at 07:32 PM.