Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LED resistors

Default LED resistors

So im gonna attempt my second build with a chassis, I was just wondering if I was to use a red ring switch and a red accent LED can I use one resistor for both?

you CAN, but if one of the LEDs ever goes out, it may cause the other one to go too. basically, if one goes out all of the current (amps) that was going to the one that went out will suddenly rush into the other one. really, the resistors are so cheap and small for accent LEDs you should resistor them seperately.
    its still personal preference, and it CAN be done, but if anything goes wrong you might lose both LEDs instead of just 1

So how should I wire everything for my saber? I'm planning to put an rebel red LED red accent LED and 16mm red ring switch how do I wire it to a nbv2 and a recharge port, what's the best battery to use and how do I wire it I kind of have a jist of what to do but I could use some clarification? Do I solder the positive wires separately and the negative together?
    Last edited by FHMENDOZA; 10-16-2015 at 01:56 PM.

The answers you seek are in the NBv2 users manual

I've read it and I'm still a little confused I wanna incorporate a crystal chamber that lights up, so I purchased a small accent led for that I'm just confused on where to put it

You would need to parallel wire one alongside your main LED, and resistor it appropriately.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So parallel wire main LED with accent LED using a dynaohm resistor, can I solder the accent LED with my 16mm red ring switch? Or should I do that separately as well? And id like to thank you guys it's very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by FHMENDOZA View Post
    So parallel wire main LED with accent LED using a dynaohm resistor, can I solder the accent LED with my 16mm red ring switch? Or should I do that separately as well? And id like to thank you guys it's very helpful
    You can, depending on where the source voltage is coming from. Also remember that each accent LED gets its own resistor.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Is this the correct wiring please feel free to make any corrections

Quote Originally Posted by FHMENDOZA View Post
    Is this the correct wiring please feel free to make any corrections
    Looks like you have 5+ Wires going to the positive lead on the board? Are you doing FoC? Even more wires :P. Only problem I see is that it gets very difficult once you start wiring 4 or more wires on one contact. One suggestion I would make is perhaps wiring the Switch LED and the LED Accent light to the Power Indicator (Off During Sleep).

http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc...te%20v2-GB.pdf

Page 13, on the bottom of the page is what I'm talking about. On my board I have 4 Wires on the Positive Contact on the board; 3 on top, 1 underneath. My AV Switch LED is on the Power Indicator as well as another Red LED for my Crystal Chamber. This made it much much easier to solder. When I get down to my basement tonight I'll snap a picture of it and post it so it'll be easier to see it all wired up.

That's only my humble suggestion to make it a little bit easier on ya.