Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: first sabre

Quote Originally Posted by craig roberts View Post
    when refering to the sabre ,is the back of the sabre were the tallest part of the shroud is?
    What does this mean??

Blog Entries

Check out posts 11 and 19. I think 11 was your list before the merge. 19 leads you to how to calculate your resistor needs.

sorry if i try to explain, the photo of your lightsabre has a blade retention screw in it, is that side of the sabre refered to as the back of the sabre. just so i can explain what side or placement of the momintary switch and blade retention screw are wanted.

sorry if i try to explain, the photo of your lightsabre has a blade retention screw in it, is that side of the sabre refered to as the back of the sabre. just so i can explain what side or placement of the momintary switch and blade retention screw are wanted.
    I think you are getting your terminology confused. The front and back of the saber are generally considered the emitter area and the pommel area. I think what you want to say is top or bottom. Top is usually the side where the switches (or box) are, and the underside (bottom) is just that, the opposite side.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I think you are getting your terminology confused. The front and back of the saber are generally considered the emitter area and the pommel area. I think what you want to say is top or bottom. Top is usually the side where the switches (or box) are, and the underside (bottom) is just that, the opposite side.
    I better understand but still not sure as to the side people usually put switches or box on, could you possibly put a simple diagram on , I just wish to make sure the switch is on the cut side of the front ( blade holder) if that helps you understand .
    Last edited by craig roberts; 10-19-2015 at 03:38 PM.

I better understand but still not sure as to the side people usually put switches or box on, could you possibly put a simple diagram on , I just wish to make sure the switch is on the cut side of the front ( blade holder) if that helps you understand .
    Normally what happens is you post a picture of the saber you built from the MHS Builder. if you want something to specifically line up, then when you place your order, you need to email Tim, and specifically go over what you want.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

thanks for the help MTFBWY

Hi to all out there , Wether its someone who does alot of builds or its someone from the custom sabre shop but i need a look to be done at my list of parts on thread 11 , I anctiously would like to know if its worth going ahead to getting it priced and ordered.

HUH?!?!

I looked over your list and it seems ok to me. Whether it is worth going ahead and doing this or not is entirely up to you. You will likely need some basic tools to built this saber.

You might also want to work on your spelling, it's not always easy to figure out what people are trying to say when they misspell a lot, considering English isn't always the first language of some of the forum members here.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    HUH?!?!

I looked over your list and it seems ok to me. Whether it is worth going ahead and doing this or not is entirely up to you. You will likely need some basic tools to built this saber.

You might also want to work on your spelling, it's not always easy to figure out what people are trying to say when they misspell a lot, considering English isn't always the first language of some of the forum members here.
    Thanks for looking it over, and sorry about the spelling it's the reason I've started an English class recently, I've watched all the tutorials I've had access to about tools and such, if you think the parts list will work and parts are compatible I will go ahead and price it as I'm really looking forward to building.