Thread: More questions.

Default More questions.

If I wanted a blade retention screw hole that matched the thumbscrews, how would I go about asking the store to drill it?
    Would the photon green blade look good with a yellow LED? It looks pretty yellow to me.
    How do I order powdercoating without using the HMS builder?
    How come the prices for some parts are cheaper in the store then the HMS builder?
    Enemies are not accidental or unfortunate. We make them, we earn them, and we nurture them, whether we realize it or not. If we can't find real enemies, we'll invent them and make them as big as we can. They become out justification for living, or excuses for our own failings. Many of us would suffer if we didn't have them- who would need Jedi if there were no Dark Force users?

Quote Originally Posted by Saber Rake View Post
    If I wanted a blade retention screw hole that matched the thumbscrews, how would I go about asking the store to drill it?
    Would the photon green blade look good with a yellow LED? It looks pretty yellow to me.
    How do I order powdercoating without using the HMS builder?
    How come the prices for some parts are cheaper in the store then the HMS builder?
    1. You would have to specify the size of the thumbscrew you have in mind - 8/32, 10/32, etc.

2. To get a vibrant green, you would need Blue. I have no idea what yellow would do, if anything.

3. Go into the Store and it's under services.

4. The builder rarely gets updated. It just meant to give you and idea of the cost of the project.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Saber Rake View Post
    Just to add to this a bit...The photon green blades are a fairly new, specialized item. The blade has a dye that reacts and glows green when it is exposed to certain wavelengths of light. Blue LEDs are best to make the green dye glow so it's kind of non-intuitive. There is more discussion of this over at the FX sabers site. I'm not sure about the linking rules here or I'd post a link to the particular thread.

Thanks guys! What I wanted to know is if it'd glow yellow or not about the photon blade. And where do I specify that I'd like the hole added?
    Enemies are not accidental or unfortunate. We make them, we earn them, and we nurture them, whether we realize it or not. If we can't find real enemies, we'll invent them and make them as big as we can. They become out justification for living, or excuses for our own failings. Many of us would suffer if we didn't have them- who would need Jedi if there were no Dark Force users?

on the store page check under the tab, Services --> Misc --> Drill & Tap Hole

Just out of curiosity, I have tried some amber/orange/red (not yellow) LEDs through my photon blade and honestly, they look almost the same as they do in regular clear/frosted blades. The only LEDs that look much different to me with photon blades are blue variants and white.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

So, it would work like a day blade for yellow? I'm looking to make an LED string blade, and I wanted a day blade sort of look.

I wouldn't put it that way. It's pretty unmistakably green material. Neon green, but still green.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.