Thread: working out my idea for my second lightsaber and I have lots of questions

Default working out my idea for my second lightsaber and I have lots of questions

Back in 2009 iirc I order a list of parts from the custom saber shop and had my dad help me put the parts and electronics together. It was for my first comic con and my first star wars celebration conventions.

WIN_20150929_100617.jpg
    needless to say I had a blast customizing the stock parts to feel more like my own lightsaber.
    Now some years later I have a good paying job and the time to visit my dad and make a father son project out of it. Mans getting older and though I feel I could figure it out alone I'd like to build it with him. However, this project is a bit more daunting then my single handed no sound lightsaber and I would like any and all help I can get.

-I would like to build two different lightsabers that can be coupled at their ends to create a double bladed saber.

-I want the two sabers to connect similarly to this design
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hlight=coupler
    or especially this one while at the same time allowing sound to come out clearly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s51D...gBC733_MMabXuw

-This website (only its visual representation)http://www.saberparts.com/#/configur...20.0-5.143.0.0 has pretty much everything i want in terms of parts to create my ideal sabers, but when I browse through the parts on TCSS I cant find much in terms of main body and a couple of the emitters I am interested in. Does TCSS do custom parts similar to the visual representation of this site?

--(please note I know this site is saberforge and its current custom adaptive build sabers are not on the market yet. I just trust TCSS parts and really want to be able to create something I want, not just put essentially lego saber parts together)

My main concern is if this is even possible from this site? I see a lot of custom sabers build but they seem to be custom machined parts created by the person who bought the stock parts. I cant do any of that so what I want to know is if TCSS can do custom bodies and emitters as well as a custom coupler? and how would I go about ordering said parts?

Very new to custom sabers but have been making ones out of spare parts in my dads tool shed since I was a little boy, this is my dream saber and I would appreciate any and all help.
    thank you
    Daysen
    Last edited by nesyad; 09-29-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

To answer your very long question with a very short answer: Yes, TCSS can make custom parts.

Email Sales@TheCustomSaberShop.com to speak with Tim directly and discuss what parts you would like made.

You would need to talk to Tim, he can modify existing parts to try to create what you want (within reason). He doesn't typically to completely custom parts.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com