Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Latch release for the hilt

Chassis have changed a lot through the years. In the very early day (my first builds), chassis didn't really exist. When I came back into the hobby in 2010, they were still pretty rudimentary, and you still have to do alot of the work yourself. If you go back to my Apex build, that chassis used some of the very first "disks" that were available to some in the hobby. Master Yoda on FX-Sabers still uses them (in a different way) in most, if not all of his Graflex chassis. They have changed, and developed over the years, I know because I have some prototypes I tested through the years laying around.

You will have to decide what you can live with. I am fine with the recharge port being on the outside of the saber. Doing it the way Madcow does say on the Corran Horn saber (which I own) poses a separate set of "issues". "Easy access" of the SD card can be done, IF you plan properly for it, like I do.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Chassis have changed a lot through the years. In the very early day (my first builds), chassis didn't really exist. When I came back into the hobby in 2010, they were still pretty rudimentary, and you still have to do alot of the work yourself. If you go back to my Apex build, that chassis used some of the very first "disks" that were available to some in the hobby. Master Yoda on FX-Sabers still uses them (in a different way) in most, if not all of his Graflex chassis. They have changed, and developed over the years, I know because I have some prototypes I tested through the years laying around.
    You will have to decide what you can live with. I am fine with the recharge port being on the outside of the saber. Doing it the way Madcow does say on the Corran Horn saber (which I own) poses a separate set of "issues". "Easy access" of the SD card can be done, IF you plan properly for it, like I do.

I get where your coming from on the planning thing, I'm trying to think I of simple ideas that I can do to do some modifications so I can make a better chassis, maybe make it alittle more comfortable for me to hold, I'm a fan of the old school activation box it's just alittle uncomfortable, so I'm having Tim cut my the number 5 activation box for me, and while I'm waiting on that, I'm looking for simple ideas like taking out the saber chassis and plug it back in with jst connectors or maybe even using the nano biscuit wiring harness, just trying to think of ways I can improve the saber so when I twist the body wires don't twist along the body's and sooner or later snap off

Can I get a link to this saber video you are all taking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    OH. MY.

I don't know if I want to throw money or cry. Lol

Just do both throw money in hopes the master will bless you with his wisdom and cry because you, like the rest of us, are not worthy. LOL