Thread: Wiring issue PC 3.5 pseudo color mixing

Default Wiring issue PC 3.5 pseudo color mixing

For some reason when I pull the kill key, the green LED (using a Tri-Cree R/G/rB) is always on. If I disconnect the negative from the power extender channel, then all is normal except green obviously will not work. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Note: exposed wire is fixed and resistors are further up in hilt.
    Here are some pictures
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Alriightyman; 09-20-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Well, I don't see any resistors on it for starters. Also, the exposed wire seems kind of lone - probably causing a short.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Exposed wire was fixed. Resistors are further up the hilt. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

Did you bridge the resistor pads?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I used small wire to do it. Yes. But bridged or not bridged, the power extender, the one the green is connected to, seems to always have a voltage running through it when the saber is powered but not activated.

That means you likely have a ground or short somewhere. You may want to check your soldering on the LED as well.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I had this issue because I ground the power extender to the negative battery post on my recharge port.
    Last edited by Grimlock84; 09-20-2015 at 09:05 AM.
    "The Force is a river from which many can drink, and the training of the Jedi is not the only cup which can catch it."

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    That means you likely have a ground or short somewhere. You may want to check your soldering on the LED as well.
    The led soldering looks right. I don't even know where to start. Maybe de-solder and re-solder check each wire as I go?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock84 View Post
    I had this issue because I ground the power extender to the negative battery post on my recharge port.
    I actually read your post last night, but I doesn't look like that's what's going on.

I would make sure that the negative wire tot he green is redone. Also make sure there are no "breaks" in the wire.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Well, pulled it completely apart, re-soldered it and still getting the same results. Any other suggestions?