Thread: Coating Thumbscrews and Trim Rings?

Default Coating Thumbscrews and Trim Rings?

Wondering if tiny parts can be powder coated, like the trim rings, or the blade retention screws/kill keys. I know you can't coat threads on a screw because then the screw wouldn't work. I'm talking about coating just the head of the screw. Anyone know about that? Didn't see any other forum threads about this.

Technically, there's no real reason you couldn't. It's pretty time intensive to set up a small part like that though. I don't know that Tim would offer this as a service, but it's certainly something you could attempt on your own if you had the equipment.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Tim use to offer the trim rings in a coupe of anodized colors, like red, gold black, and "plain" aluminum. Not sure what the story is on that.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Again, thanks for the speedy reply!
    I don't guess it would have to be powder coating. How about anodizing? TCSS has some kill keys that are anodized. Does Tim do that, or does he get them that way already?
    Sorry, I don't know much about turning metal different colors. I mean, besides rust.

As I said they WERE offered (in the past) in a couple of different colors. However, with the move, and the expansion, and everything else that has gone on, it might be a while before something happens or is decided.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Sorry, looks like I posted that question just as you posted the answer. Ha!