Thread: Question on color mixing + flash on clash

Default Question on color mixing + flash on clash

So I'm in the process of learning all I can about what is needed to build a custom saber and one question that I have which I can't seem to find the answer for is if I go with a petit cruton sound board , petit cruton color extender and a cree xp-e2 RGrB tri led, I'm assuming that combination (along with other parts) will give me color mixing + flash on clash? I'm confused if a 3 color led would do that as I'm under the impression you need 4 color led to achieve all that. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by SerialTurd; 08-15-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Welcome to the Forums.

You are correct, a PC, CEX and a Tri-Cree will allow you to do all the color mixing and FoC you like. You don't need 4 colors, because if you add the first 3 colors together, you get the fourth - a small fact many tend to overlook.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info. To continue my research.

Just to further clarify - if I were to run a tri-Cree LED in RGB with the red and blue wired normally for a purple blade and the green wired to the PEx for flash on clash, would the clash be white (R+B+G) or would the R+B switch off making the clash green?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Cygnus; 08-23-2015 at 09:32 AM.

The FoC will be whatever you want, you can adjust that in the config files, or by using RICE. There is also not necessarily a dedicated FoC pad on either the PC or the CEx board. The PC without the CEx will still mix all three colors to get you your FoC, or you can designate one or two led's to be your Foc if you wish.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Please im newer and I have a question , as for example abode if I conect luxeon rebel rgb with Pex and nano biscotte, if I wire Red and blues for purple and green for FoC the Flash is green or mixtura of rgb?
    Thanks a lot

For better color mixing most of us use a royal blue, green, and red LED actually.

Quote Originally Posted by avolakia View Post
    Please im newer and I have a question , as for example abode if I conect luxeon rebel rgb with Pex and nano biscotte, if I wire Red and blues for purple and green for FoC the Flash is green or mixtura of rgb?
    Thanks a lot
    If you use the Nano Biscotte, the Flash will be a mix of all 3 LEDs. R+G+B will give you a white Flash.

With some of the more advanced boards like the Crystal Focus, you have the option to make your FoC any color.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!