Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello there!

got to agree with what everyone is saying... the choke switch is typically not a good idea... it's very limiting for size and placement.

your best bet would be to replace the choke with a small extension, and use one of the larger diameter extensions in the middle to give your separation area between the two leather grips.

it wouldn't give you the perfect indented look you're after, but it's much more feasible than trying to mount a switch hovering over a choke where the switch and wires will be that close to the LED heatsync and emitter area without being safely tucked inside.

I guess I will have to go back to the drawing board, tweak some things and get in touch with JQsabers, thanks for everyone's advice

Quote Originally Posted by ezio_mazzon View Post
    I guess I will have to go back to the drawing board, tweak some things and get in touch with JQsabers, thanks for everyone's advice
    The only way I could see your original design working is if you lost the switch box (which didn't fit anyway), and just used the one switch (preferably a short one) with a bezel, since you're not going to have sound.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Maybe I could plant the switch it in the pommel (advised my Miraluka) since without the guard I'm not sure if the switch will cover the rough edges of the leather.
    Then I would could lose the latching circuit board and choose the longer switch?
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Po...le-2-P476.aspx
    Last edited by ezio_mazzon; 08-16-2015 at 02:44 PM. Reason: That one full stop that almost escaped

Keep in mind that switches in pommels can be problematic due to wires twisting. But with very carful planning, you might be able to use a bezel like FJK said, and get a grommet wide enough for the bezel to fit through. It would keep the look nice & clean while preventing the hassle of a pommel switch. The pommel switches are especially a hassle if you don't use a recharge port. Cause you have to deal with the same problem every time you take the pommel off to switch out the battery.

I've done pommel switches in 2 hilts and while it's do-able, it's not always the best idea. I'm actually a huge fan of bezels. I think they look great and they do a nice job of prevent you accidentally pressing the switch while spinning and whatnot.

There are pros and cons to everything and sometimes you need to make sacrifices for the sake of functionality.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

That sounds like a brilliant idea, it would keep the switch firmly screwed in and spread the pressure on the leather

Thanks to everyone that has commented, I will take this all to JQsabers and come back to show you the final results ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ezio_mazzon View Post
    That sounds like a brilliant idea, it would keep the switch firmly screwed in and spread the pressure on the leather

Thanks to everyone that has commented, I will take this all to JQsabers and come back to show you the final results ;D
    They may have some ideas and/or improvements of their own. They do excellent work.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com