Thread: First saber, parts/electronics check

Question First saber, parts/electronics check

Hi all, so first time building a saber and while I have experience with wiring, I was hoping someone could check my internal parts list and give me some yay/nay feedback?

So you'll know my overall goal, I'm doing a purple blade with a 9"-10" basic hilt with no sound and a recharge port in the pommel.

Onto my list:

And I already have wire and heatshrink in my workroom.

Basically am I correct in thinking I can do this with resistors instead of a buckpuck? and if so, are these the correct resistors for a purple blade?
    I've spent 3 months reading through the forums and using LED calculators and planning this out so I hope I'm not wasting anyone's time with this.

Thanks!!

Welcome to the Forums.

I'm pleased to see that you have done your homework, so to speak.

You are correct, that you can do this with resistors, and yes you can get a shade of purple, however, what shade and whether or not you would be happy with it are questions that no one here would be able to answer for you.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you so much for looking over my list! I did see a video where someone used a potentiometer/trimmer so I think I'll research that a bit, but its very nice to know I'm on the right track at least!
    Thank you again!!!!