Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wiring green Tri-Cree XP-E2

Default Wiring green Tri-Cree XP-E2

I am planning a stunt saber build and had a question about wiring. I want to get this LED in green. I am getting a 1000mA buckpuck, this battery pack, and I was wondering what the best way to run it would be. I was thinking of running two of the dice in series and leaving the third alone OR running two in parallel at 500mA and tho other at 1000mA. I am familiar with soldering but less so with circuits. Can 3 dice be run in series at 1000mA each from a single buckpuck and a 7.4V pack? I imagine it wouldn't run for very long.

No, You are not going to be able to run all 3 at 1000. You should be able to run the 2 in series at 1000mA. The third will just be unused..
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

That's great! I figured the only way to get all 3 at 1000mA would be a 9V+ pack and I don't think I have the room for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniHoss View Post
    That's great! I figured the only way to get all 3 at 1000mA would be a 9V+ pack and I don't think I have the room for that.
    That solution wouldn't work anyway.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

How can these Tri-crees be operated at 1000mA?

Use a good high end soundboard and the proper battery solution. You would also need the space within a hilt to fit all that in. Your other alternative could be to direct drive them, you could run 2 in series and the third on a parallel circuits. You would need the proper resistors for both the single die and the 2 dice in series.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I'll keep that in mind for my next build, and keep things nice and simple for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    No, You are not going to be able to run all 3 at 1000. You should be able to run the 2 in series at 1000mA. The third will just be unused..
    Could they be wired in parallel (the 3 LEDs) and use a 5v output of a battery pack (2 li-ion 18650cells) with a 1000mAh buckpuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Alchaggy View Post
    Could they be wired in parallel (the 3 LEDs) and use a 5v output of a battery pack (2 li-ion 18650cells) with a 1000mAh buckpuck?
    Technically yes, though each die will only get 333 mA (barely bright). If you are going to try to wire 3 in parallel, skip the buckpuck - they will get a third of the total output of the battery (which will still be a little less than 1000 mA per die).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Technically yes, though each die will only get 333 mA (barely bright). If you are going to try to wire 3 in parallel, skip the buckpuck - they will get a third of the total output of the battery (which will still be a little less than 1000 mA per die).
    20160215_184152.jpg this is the battery pack, it can give 5v and 1 amp. ( I am planning to add another 18650 cell to make it 4 amps)

-My main point on using the battery pack is to use it as a charge port for the cells inside the hilt, so I only remove the pommel cap to charge it.

-How can I get a proper configuration to power the Tri-Cree blue? should I use de 5 volts output? or should I connect 3 batteries in series to get the proper voltage?