Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wiring Schematic Critique?

If you are using a Cree as the main LED, then you'll be fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    If he "rounds up" as I suggested, a 1 Ohm, 1W would work even at 700 mA.

But now that I look at it again, the Vf for that Deep Red looks pretty high. it should be more in the 2.3-2.4V range IIRC.
    Ah yes, quite right! That Vf of the deep red Rebel would put the resister in the realm of a 2 ohm 1 watt resistor, if I'm not mistaken.
    And like you say, a Cree would be the most elegant solution in this case, resistor-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    Sorry, I guess I'm throwing some confusion here. My current build is my first saber, which will have a white blade and crystal chamber.

I am planning a second build with a red blade and crystal chamber, so I may have accidentally linked to that. However, this thread is strictly about my first build (white blade/crystal).
    Oh, my bad! Please disregard my correction for the Rebel's amperage (although it might come in handy for your second build with the red Rebel!). Best of luck