Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wiring Schematic Critique?

Default Wiring Schematic Critique?

I've never done anything like this, so I have a great deal of trepidation and I really want to get it right!

Here's a wiring schematic I created based on parts that I've ordered and have on my wishlist. Will this work, or do I need to make any changes?

In case it's not clear, I have 4 sets of wires coming off of the buckpuck into the sound card and leds.
    Padawan's-Humility.jpg
    Padawan's-Humility-Internal.jpg

If you are using a NB, you don't use a buck puck with it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

You don't need the buckpuck, and I'll let others give they're input

Wrong battery. NB Power supply : 3.4 to 5.5v / 2A (with the High-power LED). SINGLE li-ion cells (18650 or 14500)

Thanks guys, you rock!

OK, so no power supply at all and a single battery instead of a battery pack? What's the rationale behind this?

If there is no power supply, how does the wiring change? I assume the LEDs go through the sound card somehow?

This is pushing 3.7V. Since I'm running 2 LEDs as well, will it be enough?
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/74...Pack-P699.aspx

I selected this one initially because it pushes 7.4V
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/74...Pack-P699.aspx

The battery is your power supply. As previously stated, the NB can only handle up to 5.5V in voltage. In other words, it was designed to work with a single 18650 battery. You should read through the NB manual a couple of times, and you'll see how it all works.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The battery is the power supply. You need a 3.7v battery pack (typically a single cell, though it can be multiple cells in parallel)

The LEDs will be run through the board. You'll need to wire them in parallel since you can't give them enough voltage for series without cooking the NB.

I would advise reading through the manual a few times. The wiring diagrams are in there.

edit: FJK beat me to the punch
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Glad to hear the NB comes with a wiring manual. Thanks guys! I'll post pics when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    Glad to hear the NB comes with a wiring manual. Thanks guys! I'll post pics when it's done.
    Just and FYI in case you are unaware, the NB doesn't come with a printed manual, you have to download it from the store.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I would not have noticed that, thank you!