Thread: PC 3.5 and FoC..

Default PC 3.5 and FoC..

I plan to make a built with a PC 3.5 without color mixing and I want to make sure I understand the manual correctly..

- If I don't use a 2512 2W SMD for FoC, I need to bridge the pads and use a proper resistor.
    - According to the manual, this would be a 2 channel "pseudo-mixing". (so any color with the GGR led I want to use..)
    - Since the red die would be the FoC and probably need a large resistor, would it make sense to wire the red die on the main channel, wire the greens in series on the second channel, save space on resistor and configure the colours with R.I.C.E..?

Blog Entries

On point three, you plan on wiring to the main LED out so you don't have to use a big resistor? That makes sense to me. You would use a resistor for the greens. Will you wire the greens in parallel?

Blog Entries

On point one, I believe that is correct. That's how I've done it.

Blog Entries

On point two, I'm curious about what color combinations you want to get out of the GGR. Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawdo View Post
    I plan to make a built with a PC 3.5 without color mixing and I want to make sure I understand the manual correctly..

- If I don't use a 2512 2W SMD for FoC, I need to bridge the pads and use a proper resistor.
    - According to the manual, this would be a 2 channel "pseudo-mixing". (so any color with the GGR led I want to use..)
    - Since the red die would be the FoC and probably need a large resistor, would it make sense to wire the red die on the main channel, wire the greens in series on the second channel, save space on resistor and configure the colours with R.I.C.E..?
    1. Correct.
    2. With the LED you have chosen, the colors you will get will be limited to shades of Yellow/Orange
    3. You can wire the Greens in series IF you have a 7.4V battery source.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks!!
    For the color combination, I actually thought at first that the flash color was just added to the main color. So GGR would give me a yellow flash.
    Being able to mix the two colours and get a few shades out of that is a nice bonus, but not essential..
    Point 3 is more of interest for me as it can save me some space because resistors for a red led with a 7.4v battery seem quite large.
    With the greens in series on channel 2, a small 1 ohm 2 watt resistor should be enough.
    The only disadvantage I would see is that I basically waste the constant current driver on FoC.
    Any other disadvantages with this kind of setup..?