Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to Sabers part list

Question New to Sabers part list

So guys did I get this right? Or did i miss something?

Stupid me I missed out on the sale! I thought I'd be good if I did it before 12:00pm central time... I really wanted to save some cash. :'(
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by im2fst4u; 06-26-2015 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Picture too small

I'm not sure why you would order a NB wiring harness with a Prizm sound card, but other than that, I don't see anything glaringly wrong. Of course, this looks like just internal parts anyway.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I was going to use the nb harness to make it quick connect. Is there a better way to do it?

Will that rgb led work with the prizm card?

And what about resistors? I have no clue what i need.
    Last edited by im2fst4u; 06-27-2015 at 03:03 PM.

The quick connect will not work on the prizm board, since all of the pads you need to solder to are spread out all over the pcb. The led will work just fine with the prizm, and as far as the resistors go, you'll need to figure out what you need based on the battery voltage (3.7v is the ideal voltage for that board) you plan to use and using this topic: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Unless he is using it as detailed in Rob's video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sApB7J5JdZ4

that would work perfectly fine on any board, basically just using it as a JST connector with more wires

True. I'd wouldn't do that myself, but that's me. It's easier and and takes up less space in certain saber designs to just solder the wires for everything directly to the board. If you want to make a removable electronics module, that works great. Personal preference, wire your stuff how you want.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 06-30-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    True. I'd wouldn't do that myself, but that's me. It's easier and and takes up less space in certain saber designs to just solder the wires for everything directly to the board. If you want to make a removable electronics module, that works great. Personal preference, wire your stuff how you want.
    Oh same here, I much prefer the space saved by direct soldering! I went through the phase of wanting everything to have quick connectors on my phoenix saber; but for the ones I have been working on now, I have been soldering directly and it saves so much space! But if being able to remove a large portion of the electronics from the board is necessary for a build, it is a possibility to do it that way. And easier than using 3-4 JST connectors next to each other (assuming all the disconnected electronics are in the same general direction)

Well you summed it up for me Cire Yeldarb. Just like the video, haha I will be referencing that a few times.
    Now that I'm considering the setup a bit more How well will the nb quick connect work with the pre-wired momentary switch I was intending to buy? Might not work eh? I might need some JST connectors?

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by im2fst4u View Post
    Well you summed it up for me Cire Yeldarb. Just like the video, haha I will be referencing that a few times.
    Now that I'm considering the setup a bit more How well will the nb quick connect work with the pre-wired momentary switch I was intending to buy? Might not work eh? I might need some JST connectors?
    The JST connector on the pre-wired switch will not connect directly to the NB quick connect, you would have to snip the JST off and solder the wires to the NB connector (along with whatever else you need to disconnect). Or just use a combination of direct soldering and JST connectors for what you need.

It all really depends on personal preference, how much space you have to work with, and what all you are planning on needing to disconnect.

In that case I may just go with Jst connectors all around.

So what do you think of the amount of room in my saber?

Also will I be able to fit a short momentary switch in there?