Thread: Saving R.I.C.E. Configurations

Default Saving R.I.C.E. Configurations

Hey All,

So I been playing around in the Prizm 3.5 R.I.C.E. program and I get all my sound banks fixed up the way I like them. I hit read Cfg. to get to the point where I can change the perimeters then once im finished I hit Save Cfg. to SD, then it makes the fun save sound, then powers down. I hit the momentary switch to change the sound bank and start the process over. heres were it gets hinky. I power down, unplug the R.I.C.E. cable and then hit the Momentary switch to switch between the banks. I then power up and it seems to go back to the origan default it was set up as and I cant switch between banks any more. Any ideas. I am stuck

Did you format the SD card before saving? I remember reading somewhere that you have to do that to get it to work properly. (I could, and probably am, completely off base here)

Quote Originally Posted by Taki117 View Post
    Did you format the SD card before saving? I remember reading somewhere that you have to do that to get it to work properly. (I could, and probably am, completely off base here)
    Yes, you are WAAAYYYYY off base. That is for changing fonts.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by blkmorgan View Post
    Hey All,

So I been playing around in the Prizm 3.5 R.I.C.E. program and I get all my sound banks fixed up the way I like them. I hit read Cfg. to get to the point where I can change the perimeters then once im finished I hit Save Cfg. to SD, then it makes the fun save sound, then powers down. I hit the momentary switch to change the sound bank and start the process over. heres were it gets hinky. I power down, unplug the R.I.C.E. cable and then hit the Momentary switch to switch between the banks. I then power up and it seems to go back to the origan default it was set up as and I cant switch between banks any more. Any ideas. I am stuck
    As I recall, you don't pull the cable to change between the fonts. Also, have you looked through or changed the override config files yet?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I only pull the plug after I changed the sound banks and saved them. As for the override cfg files, I had no idea I needed to do something with that. Is that in the prizm manual because I was confused on the rest of the instructions after the saving changes section?

I had this same issue when I built my saber. My solution was to swap the override.txt that had the color profiles ( assuming this is what you are trying to fix ) with the one that had no color profiles thereby letting each sound bank control the color for that font. The other way to save your mixed colors is to save to profile before you save the config. When you have color profile values in your override.txt it will always over ride anything you have set in your sound bank color definitions, or any other sound bank specific values you have set for any of the other parameters.

I actually figured out the Problem by accident. when I use my Latching switch to turn on the saber, it would switch but not activate the sound and color. I would have to click 2 more times in order to activate the saber. While i was playing with the R.I.C.E. Program, I switched the latching switch to the non-activate on position and was able to change the setting using the momentary switch. I was under the impression that as long as I had the kill key out that if I held the momentary switch down it would change the sound bank. i actually have to switch the Latching switch off then on again so I can switch between banks not very good if you want the sber to activate right away but still works