Thread: MHSv1 Speaker placement on chassis with recharge port in pommel?

Default MHSv1 Speaker placement on chassis with recharge port in pommel?

Hi all,

Watched the very helpful video on building chassis with the disks and then got to looking at the speaker holders and got a bit stumped.... How would you put a recharge port on the pommel using MPS style 6 with the speaker holder filling the space?

Any links would be really appreciated.
    I could be Arca Jeth if only I had his lightsaber, could pull off wearing all orange and wasn't so darned angry

You don't. Either the speaker mount will have to be pushed further back into the hilt, or you'll have to mount the recharge port in a different location.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Hi Silver Serpent,

Sorry my question was badly phrased, I meant if you have a speaker holder and speaker at the end of your chassis how do you get the wires past the speaker assembly to the recharge port on the pommel?
    I could be Arca Jeth if only I had his lightsaber, could pull off wearing all orange and wasn't so darned angry

You could potentially dremel or otherwise carve out a channel to run the speakers past that end? I assume you're wanting to mount the recharge port in something like pommel insert style 6?

Thanks sgcdialler, yep thats the pommel insert I was looking at.... So people just make a channel in the side of the speaker holder to run the wires past... Real DIY. Any ideas on if you would secure the recharge port to the pommel insert or is their a horizontal holding chassis system (counter to what I consider a vertical recharge port holder)?

Usually, the recharge port is just screwed into the pommel insert - which also makes it's installation lots of "fun".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Thanks sgcdialler, yep thats the pommel insert I was looking at.... So people just make a channel in the side of the speaker holder to run the wires past... Real DIY.
    If you do this, the channel on the speaker holder needs to also allow for the wires to fit in front of the speaker, like this:

That's obviously an led, but the three wires for your recharge port can be done the same way. The reason I suggest doing that it that the extra channel on the front face of the speaker mount will allow the wires to pass in fron t of the speaker and not be smashed or cut when you thread your pommel into place.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 06-22-2015 at 08:32 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I love the finish work on that speaker holder Jay. Also, what a great way to mount an led in the pommel. I have an FX Maul and that would be an easy way to light up the crystal or coupler.

Maybe you'll find these helpful.