Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brass parts???

Default Brass parts???

Where do you guys get your brass parts for your guy's saber builds?

That depends on the brass you're referring to.

Brass parts for hilts or for the emitter or whatever

There are only a couple of pieces (boxes and inserts) that are made of actual brass.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Where are you able to find those though, I mean I went to lowes a few before I moved and only found copper pipes that weren't even big enough but I didn't even find any brass things

Quote Originally Posted by Nick43107 View Post
    Where are you able to find those though, I mean I went to lowes a few before I moved and only found copper pipes that weren't even big enough but I didn't even find any brass things
    The items I am referring to are here in the store. Other than that, I have no idea.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

When I made my crystal chamber pieces, I got the brass tubing on Amazon, and the solid brass stock from Metal Supermarkets. Good places to start for what you're looking for, I hope. On the other hand, if you're looking for brass activation boxes, speaker grills (pommel inserts), switches, check the TCSS shop or email Tim and ask if he can make you something specific.

Quote Originally Posted by sgcdialler View Post
    When I made my crystal chamber pieces, I got the brass tubing on Amazon, and the solid brass stock from Metal Supermarkets. Good places to start for what you're looking for, I hope. On the other hand, if you're looking for brass activation boxes, speaker grills (pommel inserts), switches, check the TCSS shop or email Tim and ask if he can make you something specific.
    Hmmmm that's always a good idea, and I do have Amazon prime, I hate to get off topic, but I've always wanted to do crystal chamber and I have not yet gotten to do one, so is there any tip tricks I've tried the inner chassis set up buuut didn't get any where with it

From what I've seen for crystal chambers you're really only limited by your imagination's ability to put the space to use. I've seen a number of builds that replicate Slothfurnace-style crystal chambers, and FJK did a video on making a chamber from bits and bobs that you can find. It just depends on what you want to do. A CC is another great place to get creative!

Would you happen to have the link for that video?