Thread: MHSv1 Hilt Style 2, O Rings & Covertech + O Ring Question

Default MHSv1 Hilt Style 2, O Rings & Covertech + O Ring Question

Hi all,

Still mulling over my first saber build and finally came across the O Rings which look to be a great idea only when I build in the MHS builder with Hilt Style 2 I was wondering if they would be a problem to have a covertech in the ribbed section which could possibly stop their installation?

MHSv1HS2SaberBuilder_render.jpg

Next question, can the O Rings be painted (coloured) and what would one use to do this painting?
    I could be Arca Jeth if only I had his lightsaber, could pull off wearing all orange and wasn't so darned angry

The way the covertech works is its a separate piece held on by a screw. You get the hole drilling service for the screw, test fit your Covertech to see how much it covers, then install your O-rings and then your Covertech last.

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Next question, can the O Rings be painted (coloured) and what would one use to do this painting?
    Once upon a time, they use to come in a couple of different colors, but it's been years since I've seen them. I think I might have a few Orange ones floating around, but since they are rubber (and flexible), they aren't going to hold a different color real well.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I have attempted to paint o-rings with a variety of paints/stains. It doesn't work. You'll have to use your Google-Fu to find an online supplier that provides them in different colors.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I found similar o-rings on ebay in red,blue,green, and brown. I even found some that let you choose the thickness of the ring as well. I searched for 30mm(1-3/16) o-ring. There are tons to pick from

Blog Entries

I'm not sure this is what you are asking, but the rings won't fit under the covertec button. So you won't be able to put rings in the grooves that run under to the button. I've made that mistake before.

Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    I'm not sure this is what you are asking, but the rings won't fit under the covertec button. So you won't be able to put rings in the grooves that run under to the button. I've made that mistake before.
    Ta that was exactly my fear!
    I could be Arca Jeth if only I had his lightsaber, could pull off wearing all orange and wasn't so darned angry

On the flip side from the MHS builder it appears a covertec could be installed and not interfere with the O Ring placement, anyone know if this is true representation?

Hilt4 covertec.jpg

With that particular main body you can do it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    With that particular main body you can do it.
    Thank you again... Forgot to even mention that was Hilt Style 4 from the builder!