Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Building a Kylo Ren 3D printed

Default Building a Kylo Ren 3D printed

I obtained this great modular Kylo Ren 3D printed saber.

Here is the print:

I've been putting together an electronics package that looks like this:

I know I don't need the sound board + the wired sound board. I just added them both there for when one vs the other comes in stock... (Any idea when?)

I think I've got the right setup to power this, but I would like the input of those here who have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears to take a little peek and maybe help me to get the right stuff.

Once I end up ordering the parts (I'll order 2 sets since me and a friend (the guy who printed the saber with his Ultimaker2) I will likely document the mini process and post it here under this thread for anyone to see.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 06-11-2015 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Violated forum rules.

Welcome to the Forums!

The sound cards should be back in stock in a couple of weeks.

I modified your post to comply with this Forums rules and guidelines.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Welcome to the Forums!

The sound cards should be back in stock in a couple of weeks.

I modified your post to comply with this Forums rules and guidelines.

Hi FJK,
    Thanks! I wasn't aware I was violating forum rules by linking to the maker and his thread, since it wasn't selling buy rather giving them away. Thank you for keeping me in the guidelines. Are we not supposed to link to other forums? I didn't see anything about this in the rules thread in your signature.

I'll PM you when I get a chance and explain it to you.

EDIT: It appears that you don't have your private messaging active, or you don't have enough of a post count right now.

Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 06-11-2015 at 08:03 AM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The print looks smooth, which 3D printer do you have?

I'd love to see it finished, I imagine you will have it painted...

Quote Originally Posted by Lobezno View Post
    The print looks smooth, which 3D printer do you have?

I'd love to see it finished, I imagine you will have it painted...
    Hi Lobenzo, the print is from a Ultimaker2.

I will indeed paint it, not 1005 on the coloring but it's a dark gray, most likely metallic.

Oh, post count has to do with messages? Ok, time for a few more posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Hi Lobenzo, the print is from a Ultimaker2.

I will indeed paint it, not 1005 on the coloring but it's a dark gray, most likely metallic.
    Wow, that's serious, 20 microns is the top...

I'm watching close this project of yours, I have planned something like that.

Ok, so doing some more research, I need to add http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/18...lder-P886.aspx since it's meant to fit inside the speaker mount. I also added the clear cover for the speaker box.

I plan on getting this battery: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pa...tery-P853.aspx but since it's got the builtin JST, will it fit right in this battery holder?

That's a pre wired cell, it won't fit a battery holder. Try something like this http://http://www.thecustomsabershop...0mAh-P855.aspx