Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Parts List, Lightsaber 1

>Zacharyah the flutes are kind of important since my first lightsaber Redigering 1.jpg kind of had them. However, that saber only has an ID of 22 mm and therefore impossible to mount any kind of electronics in (believe me, I've tried). But that seems to be a very good way to go judging from the pictures alone, Thanks!

SaberBuilder_render.jpg
    And I continues to evolve my design. Its 4 inches shorter now

Quote Originally Posted by samthe0ne View Post
    SaberBuilder_render.jpg
    Well, that's looking a bit more realistic. Of course this also depends on what you try to stuff inside of it as well.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by samthe0ne View Post
    SaberBuilder_render.jpg
    It looks like you've got a 4" fluted extension right next to a 2" standard extension. Are you intending to use a gender changer there? If you're still planning on using activation box style 5, are you planning to mount it on the fluted section?

>sgcdialler: nothing of that sort, the thought is to ask for a modified 7" main body part -ie, ask them to short it down with an inch- to get a shorter body. In that way I can still mount my activation-box to it too
    >Forgetful Jedi Knight: I know, but im hoping that the activation-box is high enough too let me mount the sound in the saber, without collisions between the different parts .

Oh good. Wouldn't want to be cutting through threads on anything. I would ask, instead (since it would be easier on Tim) for a custom 6" piece with only partial fluting, instead of having him shorten a 7" piece.

Quote Originally Posted by sgcdialler View Post
    Oh good. Wouldn't want to be cutting through threads on anything. I would ask, instead (since it would be easier on Tim) for a custom 6" piece with only partial fluting, instead of having him shorten a 7" piece.
    With my metal-working skills it shouldnt be a too big problem to clean up some threads, but thats definetly a good way to go with the 6" custom piece. I just have to sell this idea to the person that handles my economy :P