Thread: Chassis disc question

Default Chassis disc question

If I spin a threaded style 4 disc into a 2" double female thread connector, will it allow the double male slotted connectors to thread up flush at the OD surfaces? The 4 disc says will only work with .4 male threads but I don't see that listed on any of the male threaded sections.
    What may have Bean, should have Bean and so shall have Bean, once again.

Yes. All of the standard male parts have the .4" male threads required. It won't work with certain "special parts" that don't use the standard threading like the choke ribbed section combo, and things like that.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Yes. All of the standard male parts have the .4" male threads required. It won't work with certain "special parts" that don't use the standard threading like the choke ribbed section combo, and things like that.
    Sweet, thanks so much! I was afraid I might get the parts and build the chassis and then find out the disc caused an open groove between the two outer parts. The thread hints in the builder indicate the threads may be too short with a disc (not available in the builder). Madcow's vid of course showed the non-threaded type with the thread converter threaded all the way so I thought it might allow for any discrepancy tha the #4 didn't. Over thinking it, lol.

Thanks again!

Of course, you do have to put it in the right way - non threaded side up.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Of course, you do have to put it in the right way - non threaded side up.
    Cool, thanks. As long as it fits if turned right, I can play around with it and check the fitment...I just wanted to avoid as many subsequent time eating orders for parts to make stuff work as possible. It seems like they do a pretty good job of listing any side notes of possible problems with the parts in the store but it's nice to have verification from you guys over here in the forum before I order $400 worth of parts, lol.

Are there any of the metal discs that are made to fit through the normal extension sized pieces? I was going to use one on both sides of the crystal chamber and while the top side will lock in place, the lower side needs to slide through with the rest of the chassis. I see the style #3 disc is made to fit in the bore of the ribbed sections...is this the one I should go with?

Style #2 fits in the standard 1.25" ID.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Ah, okay. Yeah I went back and looked at the parts list on Madcow's chassis video and I see the one he pointed out as non-slide through as #5 disc listed as a 1.31 OD. After I posted the question, I saw the #2 listed an OD of 1.24, I thought that was a pretty tight fit in the 1.25 ID of the normal parts and wasn't sure if it was actually intended to work as a slide through piece.

Sweet! Gonna be a nice build! Thanks!