Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boot sound but no light or sound with newly installed sound font

Default Boot sound but no light or sound with newly installed sound font

I've just tested my first build saber and it boots and sound comes on but I am getting constant swinging sounds. From other posts I've read, am I right to assume this is a low battery issue? Now for my primary querry. I purchased two sound fonts on saberfont.com, 'Unnatural' and 'Necrovolt'. I watched the 'How To' video on the home page of saberfont.com which says it is for CF, PC and NB in the title. I've done everything as instructed. The problem is that I am getting the boot sound I should get, the momentary switch light comes on, but when I press the switch I get nothing, not even the LEDs illuminate. I swapped it back to the original 'Light' and 'Dark' meant and tested it and got sound with, as I mentioned previously, constant swinging sounds (again, presumably due to a low battery). Any ideas why these new sound fonts aren't working beyond the boot sound and why the LED isn't coming on when using those sound fonts? Is it a matter of simple incompatibility with the NBv2? Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

It is probably a problem with the folder names or folder path. Could you post a list, showing the folder path and names?
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."

Did you make sure you copied the config files over for each bank you replaced? That and fully charge your battery.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMace View Post
    It is probably a problem with the folder names or folder path. Could you post a list, showing the folder path and names?
    Well, I went ahead and recharged my battery, then changed the folder names to 'bank1' and 'bank2' for each of the sound fonts on the card. I also went ahead and dropped the volume down from 4 to 3, having read in another thread that this had resolved some issue for someone else. I will try it at volume 4 to see if that was the fix but it could have just as well have been the battery or the folder names. Whatever it was, it now works a charm. I'm so chuffed. Thanks for the suggestion; it might just have been the thing that resolved my problem.

Yes, I copied the config. files as instructed in the video on the home page. Could have been the battery or the folder names. In any case I got it going fine now. I will post some pics hopefully of my saber within the month. I hope it is well received. I couldn't have got this far without all the help here on this forum so thanks everyone.

I spoke too soon. The sound fonts are both working which is an improvement but they are both now randomly swinging so perhaps I need to adjust the sensitivity but I have a sneaking suspicion that the battery didn't charge properly which could be to do with my wiring but since the saber works I think is doubtful. I suspect the charger I bought off ebay is likely to be the culprit since I did notice that the indicator light went from red to green within an hour of plugging it in which is unusual for a first charge on a 4000mAh battery. Going to purchase a new charger and see if that solves the problem. If not, then I will mess with the swing sensitivity settings.

4000 mAh battery??
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    4000 mAh battery??
    Yeah. Why's that a problem? TCSS sells the Panasonic 18650 3.7v Li-Ion 3400mAh battery. I just got one with a bit more life in it at 4000mAh.

Quote Originally Posted by JI7 View Post
    Yeah. Why's that a problem? TCSS sells the Panasonic 18650 3.7v Li-Ion 3400mAh battery. I just got one with a bit more life in it at 4000mAh.
    Have you properly restored your LED(s)?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

If all else fails. Go to plector labs and download the original banks for the Nbv2. Then reset and retest all your stuff.