Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Regal minimalism (first build)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    It's the accent led pads. The power on led will stay on once you pull the kill switch. You can set up your accent parameters on the sd card.
    Also, the 3.3V pad is set up to act that way - no programming required.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Also, the 3.3V pad is set up to act that way - no programming required.
    That's what i was aiming at.
    Because i've noticed there are no accent configuration options that do PWM pulsing when on (and was wondering where that came from).

Thanks!
    Last edited by orcinus; 06-20-2015 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orcinus View Post
    That's what i was aiming at.
    Because i've noticed there are no accent configuration options that do PWM pulsing when on (and was wondering where that came from).

Thanks!
    The 3.3V pads does not do pulsing. It's just a solid on. if you want pulsing-ish behavior - you need to use the accent pads, and do some configuring.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Wait... Either i'm horribly confused (entirely possible) or the CF manual is.

Don't the accent pads do the PWM pulsing only when idle (for crystal chamber setups)?
    I.e. in the Crystal Pulse mode (accmode 2)?

I could swear i've seen people's sabers pulse accent LEDs when the blade is on?

Wait... Either i'm horribly confused (entirely possible) or the CF manual is.
    I'm going to put my money on YOU being confused.

Pulsing while the blade is on is accmode 1 (mirror main LED)
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

For what it's worth, my money was on me being confused too

However, this does not look like mirror mode:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VROX5iRdb5E#t=5m17s

(timecode: 5m17s)

That's because it's not.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Indeed.

Which brings me back to my original question (yay, full circle):
    if the manual states PWM pulsing is only available in idle mode, where is the pulsing w/ the blade on coming from?

In other news... Figured out the chassis:

Yes, it's a little unorthodox.
    Yes, the CF is backwards.
    But it works (at least dry-fit, with no wiring).

As to why such a layout - well, i had to leave a space for the PLI, which i've stuffed relatively low in the main body, while at the same time keeping the distance from the speaker to the pommel, because i've put a recharge port in the pommel insert (yes, yes, i know, bad idea). That's why the metal chassis disk (locking) is in front of the speaker holder.

I've cut grooves into the speaker holder for the recharge port wiring.
    The pommel insert rotates freely (i haven't used the TCCS c-clip - i bought a few sizes locally and experimented until i found one that works), so there won't be any wire binding.
    Taking it apart is a bit... odd... but not as complicated as it might sound - basically, you need to either remove the pommel first, then the next section (which releases the chassis), or you need to unscrew the mid-section while keeping the pommel and the body stationary.

Indeed.

Which brings me back to my original question (yay, full circle):
    if the manual states PWM pulsing is only available in idle mode, where is the pulsing w/ the blade on coming from?
    The blade mirroring mode - it's going to be EITHER one or the OTHER. You'll have to decide.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

LOL, didn't you just conclude the pulsing in Erv's video i've linked IS NOT blade mirroring?
    Yet it's clearly happening *while the blade is on*

What am i missing here (it's past 2am here and i'm on my 7th espresso of the day, bear with me).