Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Back to square one

So I need to buy the CEX then correct? 50 bucks won't hurt anything, if anything help me speed the process up on the build

Quote Originally Posted by Nick43107 View Post
    So I need to buy the CEX then correct? 50 bucks won't hurt anything, if anything help me speed the process up on the build
    Not necessarily, especially given your build's current state. I would start with the questions I posed earlier. What resistors do you have on each die, and what do your configurations look like.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The risistor for the red LED is thru the main power For the LED on the board blue and green are ran directly

The risistor for the red LED is thru the main power For the LED on the board blue and green are ran directly
    How about some specific information here. Resistor values, type of battery, etc.???
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

7.4 lithium ion battery no risistors to the the green and blue LED

Now how bout if I did not want to have Color mixing option what should I do? Buy a LED with BLUE and white on white???

7.4 lithium ion battery no risistors to the the green and blue LED
    No wonder the Blue and Green are dim, you likely blew them out. What board are you using (not that it really matters at the moment)?

Edit: Is this the CF7 you mentioned elsewhere?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Yes the cf7 sound board is what I'm messing with, and no it wouldn't surprise me if I did blow them, okay so would it be best if it just bought a new LED then since the one I have shot?

Yes the cf7 sound board is what I'm messing with, and no it wouldn't surprise me if I did blow them, okay so would it be best if it just bought a new LED then since the one I have shot?
    Yes, and this time restore them properly if you are not going to use a CEX.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Okay cool, but if I wanted too, could it be possible that I could use the color CEX to increase brightnes or is that not how that works?