Thread: Need help with the electronics

Default Need help with the electronics

master_saber_hilt_by_robofighter4-d74gckb.jpg

This is kind of what i'm making.
    So i guess the question is: what all electronics and wires do i need to make a sound/motion/clashing lightsaber with 1 blue accent led, a blue cree led and a green led switch that requires me to hold it for a second or 2 to turn on the saber?

Once you decide on the type of sound card you want to use, the respective manual will have diagrams. Also as you go through the forums, there are areas that have a couple of diagrams for the various sound cards, that you can use as a basis for your design. Take your time and look around, and read up, there is a lot of information to go through.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I'm only asking this because i haved looked everywhere on here and couldnt figure out what sound board and how to do the accent led and my biggest concern is the switch part making it have that lag time and not be a switch that clicks (hate the sound)
    Last edited by minamus; 04-07-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Once you decide on the type of sound card you want to use, the respective manual will have diagrams. Also as you go through the forums, there are areas that have a couple of diagrams for the various sound cards, that you can use as a basis for your design. Take your time and look around, and read up, there is a lot of information to go through.
    I did look and i found a couple diagrams but i couldn't find anything on the type of switch i'm try to build, i can probably gut my ultrasaber to figure out the wiring but that seems like more effort thatn it should be.

Ok i chose the Petit Crouton Sound Module V3.5 so i'll go from there lol

As for the click sound, according to the manual (found here: http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc....5-revA-GB.pdf), you can use either a latching or momentary switch for blade activation. The momentary switches do not click, but assuming it works like my Nano Biscotte, there won't be any lag, the blade will ignite immediately when you press the switch. You'll have to hold it a moment for the blade to close, however.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeC View Post
    As for the click sound, according to the manual (found here: http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc....5-revA-GB.pdf), you can use either a latching or momentary switch for blade activation. The momentary switches do not click, but assuming it works like my Nano Biscotte, there won't be any lag, the blade will ignite immediately when you press the switch. You'll have to hold it a moment for the blade to close, however.
    Actually last night when i got home i took apart my ultrasaber and that's what it does so i was a little mistaken when i thought it lagged both on and off but it is just off it lags. Thank you, i'm actually currently trying to figure out a diagram for wiring it all together and cant get that figured out. Is there a special way you have to wire the switch to do the lag turn off or is that part of the sd card on the board?

That is adjustable with settings on the SD card. See "offp" and "offd" for the A-POP (Anti Power Off Protection) settings in the manual.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!